Texas Fishing Forum

Athens

Posted By: Nathan_Flovin

Athens - 05/14/16 07:47 PM

How is Athens fishing lately? I'm heading out there tonight and tomorrow. Any tips on where and what to fish?
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Athens - 05/14/16 08:15 PM

popcorn
Posted By: BlaiseWeimer

Re: Athens - 05/14/16 08:28 PM

Slow for us today... Caught around 10-15 with nothing over 2 pounds. One of my worst days out there I don't know what was up
Posted By: HOTBAMike

Re: Athens - 05/14/16 10:12 PM

Y'all try the frog bite?

Re: Athens - 05/14/16 10:35 PM

Plan on trying a frog early on and into sunrise, hope to catch something on a frog that type of fishing is the best.

Re: Athens - 05/15/16 12:33 AM

only one on a frog this morning. Most fish came in 18-24 feet on a fb jig, Carolina rig, a rig,and 8xd. No big ones but we finally stumbled into a few more fish and ended the day with around 60 fish

Re: Athens - 05/17/16 01:09 AM

The fishing was very good Sunday. At sunrise we were catching them on top water poppers and squarebills. They were schooling all around the dam and island, none of them over 2lb. Later on we had luck on wacky rigs up shallow in cover and around boat houses. My grandfather caught a 3.5 on a wacky rig. I caught my new pb that was 4.29 on a wacky. I would recommend throwing a wacky rig after about 11am. If you don't care about size it is a good time out there. Fishing was good overall.

Re: Athens - 05/17/16 01:16 AM

Originally Posted By: BlaiseWeimer
only one on a frog this morning. Most fish came in 18-24 feet on a fb jig, Carolina rig, a rig,and 8xd. No big ones but we finally stumbled into a few more fish and ended the day with around 60 fish

I must be doing soemthing wrong out there, I've never even come close to 60 fish
Posted By: fishinlance

Re: Athens - 05/17/16 01:32 AM

Hey frank I think you should just keep eating your popcorn lol

Re: Athens - 05/17/16 02:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank

I must be doing soemthing wrong out there, I've never even come close to 60 fish
hmmm

Re: Athens - 05/17/16 02:26 AM

Originally Posted By: fishinlance
Hey frank I think you should just keep eating your popcorn lol

roflmao
Posted By: Jaguar6

Re: Athens - 05/17/16 05:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank

I had a 103 fish day 2 years ago in June..
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum