Texas Fishing Forum

What net do you use in your boat?

Posted By: Hittmanfish

What net do you use in your boat? - 05/10/16 06:18 PM

What net do y'all use in your boat for netting fish? Folding or not?
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: What net do you use in your boat? - 05/10/16 06:30 PM

Frabill Conservation Landing Net

I use this one and I love it. Frabill really makes the best nets on the market if you ask me. This particular net is a space saver because the handle can retract and the whole net itself can become compact. The netting material is high quality and I very rarely have to untangle hooks from it. It's also pretty lightweight and you can extend the handle with one hand while fighting a fish. Great net and well worth the price.
Posted By: PowPowOl'Son

Re: What net do you use in your boat? - 05/10/16 06:55 PM

I've went through quite a few nets and this one is probably the best net I've had and by far the cheapest. Very big and very light.

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/h2o-xpress-pro-cat-oversize-landing-net?repChildCatid=3516131
Posted By: Austin.P

Re: What net do you use in your boat? - 05/10/16 07:08 PM

Honestly been looking into possible rubber coated nets, kinda get tired of fighting treble hooks... What do y'all think?
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: What net do you use in your boat? - 05/10/16 07:26 PM

Bought me one of these last month and have yet to use it. No review. I love the way it screws apart and fits in my storage and out of the way.
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Ego_S2_Slider_Guide_Series_Net_Compact_18_Handle/descpage-ES2G.html
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: What net do you use in your boat? - 05/10/16 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Ranger1
Bought me one of these last month and have yet to use it. No review. I love the way it screws apart and fits in my storage and out of the way.
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Ego_S2_Slider_Guide_Series_Net_Compact_18_Handle/descpage-ES2G.html

That is the BEST Net IMO
Posted By: everett69

Re: What net do you use in your boat? - 05/10/16 07:44 PM

Just spend $60,000 on a legend v20, it comes with one. Lol roflmao
Posted By: Chris Coufal

Re: What net do you use in your boat? - 05/10/16 07:49 PM

http://www.frabill.com/nets-accessories/folding-nets/8507.html

20x24 Frabill Power Stow net. Tangle free, crankbait safe, folds up behind seat and extends when needed. best $150 I spent!
Posted By: slim 285

Re: What net do you use in your boat? - 05/10/16 07:57 PM

http://stowmaster.norsemenoutdoors.com/shop/category/stowmaster/kvd-landing-net
I like this one for ease of storage and durability
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: What net do you use in your boat? - 05/10/16 08:22 PM

I use a frabill hiber net. Unfortunately, I rarely use it given I typically flip anything under about 6lbs. When I have needed it though, it's worked great. Stows nicely, but it is not treble hook friendly.
Posted By: PowPowOl'Son

Re: What net do you use in your boat? - 05/10/16 08:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Austin.P
Honestly been looking into possible rubber coated nets, kinda get tired of fighting treble hooks... What do y'all think?

I've been through a rubber net. They have a lot of drag in the water. It makes scooping a fish pretty difficult.
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: What net do you use in your boat? - 05/10/16 09:49 PM

Since I Quite guiding dont use a net.+
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: What net do you use in your boat? - 05/10/16 10:05 PM

I also have a Frabill 20" X 24" Power Stow net but I paid maybe $50 at Academy. Works great. The difference might be in the net mesh. Mine is a little wider spacing than what Chris's link showed. But when I looked on Academy.com they had what looks like the net Chris is describing but it is like $90.

I had one of the rubber nets but it was very heavy and had a lot of water resistance when netting the fish and was had shallow "basket". Had a few fish jump out of it.
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: What net do you use in your boat? - 05/10/16 10:07 PM

EGO S2 Slider, Landing Net
Bought it mostly because interchangeable head, rubber netting and it FLOATS ...
roflmao but, honestly, most days I forget it...just as good without one.
JMO
God Bless
Posted By: west tex angler

Re: What net do you use in your boat? - 05/11/16 12:39 AM

i use one that's always in the way
Posted By: SRitchey

Re: What net do you use in your boat? - 05/11/16 01:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher
I also have a Frabill 20" X 24" Power Stow net but I paid maybe $50 at Academy. Works great. The difference might be in the net mesh. Mine is a little wider spacing than what Chris's link showed. But when I looked on Academy.com they had what looks like the net Chris is describing but it is like $90.

I had one of the rubber nets but it was very heavy and had a lot of water resistance when netting the fish and was had shallow "basket". Had a few fish jump out of it.

This is what I use too and I'm very happy with it. For the money it works great and stows easy in a rod locker.
Here is a LINK
Posted By: Hittmanfish

Re: What net do you use in your boat? - 05/11/16 02:14 PM

Thanks for the responses. That $50 Frabill looks pretty solid. Might have to make a trip to Academy this weekend!
Posted By: Mike_Soriano™

Re: What net do you use in your boat? - 05/11/16 02:35 PM

The rubber one from walmart. My good one flew off the back of the boat a few weeks ago.
Posted By: Karl Dietz

Re: What net do you use in your boat? - 05/11/16 02:50 PM

Made by Frabill....good price! Cabela's
Posted By: JoshMan734

Re: What net do you use in your boat? - 05/11/16 03:03 PM

I cheated out and got the rubber net with extendable handle out to like 8ft from academy for 29.99
Posted By: Steven Hennige

Re: What net do you use in your boat? - 05/11/16 05:36 PM

1+.... Generally try to net everything on tournament day. Fished Okeechobee as a co, this year for flw tour. Day two boater flipped a 3 pounder into side of boat. Came off, his check swam away with that one. He missed getting paid by just over a pound.

Re: What net do you use in your boat? - 05/11/16 05:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Yea the net material is the difference. This one has much smaller (1/4 x 1/4") holes and the entire net is coated to eliminate hooks getting into it. Also the netshape is different and a little deeper than the one at Academy (I looked at those before buying). The Academy one tapers in the center and mine is more like a basket shape. Also mine telescopes out an extra 3ft or so....not sure about the Academy one. When I purchased mine Amazon and Frabill were the only 2 places that carried this specific model (size wise).....I cannot locate it on academy. BPS carries the smaller 14x18 version for $90 but not the 20x24" You want the #8507 model: http://www.basspro.com/Frabill-Power-Sto...OSSSELL_PRODUCT

Mine:

Academy:

Re: What net do you use in your boat? - 05/11/16 06:00 PM

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=747709

Gander Mountain carries it for $120 + shipping now but it's on back order. It's model Frabill #8507
Posted By: LinkLowrance

Re: What net do you use in your boat? - 05/11/16 09:42 PM

I normally go with whichever one is hardest to get to while I have a fish trying to get off
Posted By: Greg Z

Re: What net do you use in your boat? - 05/11/16 10:17 PM

been using a rubber net for past 6 years and like it a lot. not problem with hooks hanging in it and the handle telescopes so it does not take up space.
Posted By: Mo_Cat

Re: What net do you use in your boat? - 05/12/16 04:05 AM

Best one on the MKT
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum