Texas Fishing Forum

Zoom Trick Worm

Posted By: Jason1976

Zoom Trick Worm - 05/07/16 10:15 PM

How do you guys fish this bait exactly. Tackle used also what technique works best
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Zoom Trick Worm - 05/07/16 10:27 PM

Picasso Tungsten Shakedown

My favorite way to fish a trick worm is on this shakey head. This is a great technique for when the fishing is tough and the angling pressure is high. This head is great for skipping under docks and over-hanging brush. The head is also tungsten which will help you detect bites easier.

Decoy Screw Worm 106

Another interesting technique I use that not a lot of people think of is I thread a trick worm on this hook and I swim it through pads or grass. It has a little blade on the front of the hook that spins and gives off a little flash/vibration. It's just a different technique that not a lot of people are using.
Posted By: kirbydog

Re: Zoom Trick Worm - 05/07/16 11:05 PM

I T rig it-3/16 or 1/4 bullet weight. I never peg the weight-sometimes they bite better on a powerworm but sometimes
the trick worm gets bit more.
Posted By: BrudBass

Re: Zoom Trick Worm - 05/07/16 11:17 PM

Some of the guys in my bass club won't like me saying this, but try them on Charlie Brewer slider heads in either 1/16 or 1/8 weighted heads. Throw them on a finesse spinning set up with light line.

I was skeptical until one day in a tournament I turned to them after several hours of going without a keeper bite and quickly hooked up with a 4 pounder, which turned my day around. I'm amazed at how many big fish I have caught on such a light weighted hook and small plastics. I now have a love-hate relationship with this set up because I know it will catch fish but I don't like to fish it.
Posted By: ChampionNate

Re: Zoom Trick Worm - 05/08/16 12:46 AM

Work great wacky rig. 2-4'. I'll put small finish nails in the ends if I want to get 6=8'.
Posted By: ChampionNate

Re: Zoom Trick Worm - 05/08/16 12:49 AM

Work great wacky rig. 2-4'. I'll put small finish nails in the ends if I want to get 6-8'.
Posted By: Big Swimbait

Re: Zoom Trick Worm - 05/08/16 12:53 AM

Originally Posted By: bigbass94
Picasso Tungsten Shakedown

My favorite way to fish a trick worm is on this shakey head. This is a great technique for when the fishing is tough and the angling pressure is high. This head is great for skipping under docks and over-hanging brush. The head is also tungsten which will help you detect bites easier.

Decoy Screw Worm 106

Another interesting technique I use that not a lot of people think of is I thread a trick worm on this hook and I swim it through
pads or grass. It has a little blade on the front of the hook that spins and gives off a little flash/vibration. It's just a different technique that not a lot of people are using.

I have used both of these techniques & they work very well. I just make sure I use the "Original" Trick Worm without the salt. Dip the tail in a little clear JJ's Magic.

Re: Zoom Trick Worm - 05/08/16 01:04 AM

Is Zoom the original trick worm ?
Posted By: Fishinkev

Re: Zoom Trick Worm - 05/08/16 01:10 AM

Shakeyhead, split-shot, wacky, even a light mojo rig. Great bait, and yes I believe it is the original trick worm.
Posted By: E-bright

Re: Zoom Trick Worm - 05/08/16 01:27 AM

Carolina rig
Posted By: ksalmon

Re: Zoom Trick Worm - 05/08/16 01:55 AM

I have a tough time getting the head of the trick work to screw in to most shaky jig heads. I like the one Owner puts out that has the screw plus pin. Locks in easier.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Owner_Shakey_Ultrahead_4pk/descpage-OSUH.html
Posted By: Marooned

Re: Zoom Trick Worm - 05/08/16 02:11 AM

Best way for me is T-rigged with a 3/0 hook and a 1/8 oz. tungsten bullet weight. For a shakey head set-up, I prefer a Kicker Fish Hole Shot worm because it has air pockets that make the tail float up.
Posted By: Big Swimbait

Re: Zoom Trick Worm - 05/08/16 02:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Jason1976

They make the Original & the Salt Added. It will be on the package label.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Zoom Trick Worm - 05/08/16 04:50 AM

Hell what way don't I fish them?

Re: Zoom Trick Worm - 05/08/16 05:16 AM

I was told the finesse worms were just smaller trick worms ?
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Zoom Trick Worm - 05/08/16 01:11 PM

Actually, it's modeled after the original Creme Scoundrel worm.
That was the first plastic worm I ever saw.
Posted By: EDO

Re: Zoom Trick Worm - 05/08/16 01:11 PM

weightless with 3/0 worm hook. swivel 6" up line
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Zoom Trick Worm - 05/08/16 01:21 PM

Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Zoom Trick Worm - 05/08/16 06:18 PM

Originally Posted By: BrudBass
Some of the guys in my bass club won't like me saying this, but try them on Charlie Brewer slider heads in either 1/16 or 1/8 weighted heads. Throw them on a finesse spinning set up with light line.

I was skeptical until one day in a tournament I turned to them after several hours of going without a keeper bite and quickly hooked up with a 4 pounder, which turned my day around. I'm amazed at how many big fish I have caught on such a light weighted hook and small plastics. I now have a love-hate relationship with this set up because I know it will catch fish but I don't like to fish it.

This is just not true. This technique absolutely will not work.

(Just kidding: this is how I fish them and it's awesome.)

Re: Zoom Trick Worm - 05/08/16 07:13 PM

Ive been throwing it weightless on a gammy 3/0 ewg hook with sufix 832 braid tied directly to the hook. Is this a good way to fish it ??
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Zoom Trick Worm - 05/08/16 07:40 PM

Ive been throwing it weightless on a gammy 3/0 ewg hook with sufix 832 braid tied directly to the hook. Is this a good way to fish it ??

As good as any other rigging method. The only bad is not using it at all.
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: Zoom Trick Worm - 05/08/16 09:22 PM

Try a fluorocarbon leader!
Posted By: tbates

Re: Zoom Trick Worm - 05/08/16 09:31 PM

Shakey head and Carolina rigged with super thin hook to give it the most action

Re: Zoom Trick Worm - 05/08/16 09:54 PM

Yeah ive been looking at flurocarbon for a leader. I never thought it would affect bites but every seems to use a flurocrabon leader.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum