Night Fishing Techniques

Posted By: TwoLakes

Night Fishing Techniques - 05/06/16 02:21 PM

I'm wondering if anyone has had success with the following techniques at night:

1. Senko/Fluke
2. Rattletrap/Crankbait
3. Shallow Drop Shot
4. Deep Drop Shot

I'm asking because most folks seem to prefer t-rig, jig, spinnerbait, chatterbait, swimbait, top water. I've always stuck to these techniques at night, but a lot of fish get caught in other ways during the day.
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Night Fishing Techniques - 05/06/16 02:56 PM

Biggest fish I've ever caught at night came off a crankbait. In general it has not been a top producing strategy for me though.
Posted By: BrudBass

Re: Night Fishing Techniques - 05/06/16 03:28 PM

I always have a wacky rigged senko tied on for night fishing. I dead stick it next to structure

Re: Night Fishing Techniques - 05/06/16 06:10 PM

Good to know on the crankbait and wacky senko. I always start out with the t-rig worm, spinner bait, and some top water. If I can't get bit on those, I may slow down to a wacky senko.
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: Night Fishing Techniques - 05/06/16 06:55 PM

On Alan Henry, a topwater bait seems to be a good pattern, either a popper or a buzzbait right at dark and just after. Hope this helps. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains
Posted By: Greg Z

Re: Night Fishing Techniques - 05/06/16 08:35 PM

I use a Senko weightless, Texas rigged worms, and Biffle head tornados with great success at night.
Posted By: TxDanFishMan

Re: Night Fishing Techniques - 05/06/16 08:51 PM

From the original question, definitely use and catch fish at night on Senko and Fluke, black or any other dark color.
The other 3 options I have not tried much at night other than a rattle trap and caught some, but not very often.
My brother likes to throw a black bomber crankbait at night but usually catches catfish or drum. LOL !
Posted By: Squirrely Dan

Re: Night Fishing Techniques - 05/06/16 09:04 PM

I've done pretty good at night tournys in the past. I basically you same stuff I do during the day. Rip rap banks and docks usually best places. My favorite is slow rolling midnight special spinner bait. They usually wack it pretty hard which is awesome at 2am when you barely can keep your eyes open.
Posted By: TxDanFishMan

Re: Night Fishing Techniques - 05/06/16 09:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Im RICK JAMES
I've done pretty good at night tournys in the past. I basically you same stuff I do during the day. Rip rap banks and docks usually best places. My favorite is slow rolling midnight special spinner bait. They usually wack it pretty hard which is awesome at 2am when you barely can keep your eyes open.

That will dang sure wake you up when the wack it sleep
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Night Fishing Techniques - 05/06/16 09:24 PM

I have seen big fish caught on a black crank bait with green flakes, but good luck finding one. Nobody seems to make them.
I have very little night success, but when I do get on them, it is usually dark soft plastics. Black seems to do best.
Posted By: Rhaider

Re: Night Fishing Techniques - 05/07/16 02:57 PM

My go to night bait is wareagles night spinnerbaits. Rattles, dark color, and a big thumping colorado blade makes it awesome. I throw a Little Dipper or a magic shad on as a trailer and super slow roll it. Big presentation and big bites.
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Night Fishing Techniques - 05/07/16 08:17 PM

I always fish the exact same at night as I do in the day time!

Re: Night Fishing Techniques - 05/08/16 04:23 AM

We went to Monticello yesterday. Started fishing around 6:00 and fished till 2:00. We put one fish 5 lbs 11 oz in the boat with a texas rigged brush hog. We fished all over and couldn't figure anything out.

We threw t-rig power worms and brush hogs, black spinner baits, chatter baits, buzz baits, hollow frogs, horny toads, yellow magic, live target blue gill, jitter bug, square bill crank, and jig/craw trailer. We fished the bridges, shallow pads, deeper pads, points, coves, and the dam.

We just couldn't put anything together which was very frustrating. Not sure if it's the cold nights causing an issue or we just stink. smile

Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: Night Fishing Techniques - 05/08/16 01:20 PM

10 inch and 7 inch power worms in dark colors, baby brush hogs, and shakey heads with tornado's or ring fries. If you looking for fish over 5 lbs to over 9 lbs the 10 inch power worm will usually get the job done but is a slow bite. good luck been fishing at night and night tourneys since 1996.
Posted By: WhatTheFish

Re: Night Fishing Techniques - 05/08/16 06:21 PM

10 inch black power worm. Take a small glow stick used for the end of a catfish rod and insert it into the worm.
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Night Fishing Techniques - 05/08/16 07:21 PM

Black Jawtec Wacky Craw with chartreuse claws and add a glass rattle.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Night Fishing Techniques - 05/08/16 08:21 PM

Green light..... Long cord...... bolt
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum