Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Roberts BLT tourney question

Posted By: HaulinBass02

Ray Roberts BLT tourney question - 05/06/16 01:15 AM

Actually have a couple of questions. I'm not fishing the tourney but am curious as to how crowded the lake will be Saturday? Also is the Buck Creek Ramp open yet? I heard they were closing it last week.
Also how many boats should be expected in the TTT tourney next week? I was planning on going just to fish next weekend but hate fighting tourney crowds.
Posted By: B-rader

Re: Ray Roberts BLT tourney question - 05/06/16 01:24 AM

I would wait to go for two more weeks if you don't like crowds , should be empty until next Febuary after that .
Posted By: jfdawson

Re: Ray Roberts BLT tourney question - 05/06/16 01:42 AM

Roberts is going to be pretty jammed up the next 2-3'weekends. I would expect 100+ for bud light and 300 for Texas Team trail, plus the Toyota Big Bass Classic behind that. Add practice days for TT this weekend, and I would expect the Pro's to start showing up soon, which will bring crowds.
Posted By: Black Dallas

Re: Ray Roberts BLT tourney question - 05/06/16 01:50 AM

i think theres about 160boats for TTT
Posted By: HaulinBass02

Re: Ray Roberts BLT tourney question - 05/06/16 02:15 AM

I may chance this weekend but not next weekend for sure. BLT is out of Jordann Park? Is Buck Creek Ramp open?
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Ray Roberts BLT tourney question - 05/06/16 06:38 AM

Originally Posted By: black dallas
i think theres about 160boats for TTT

This would be my guess aswell and I doubt blt will have 100 boats this weekend, probably more like 50 or 60
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: Ray Roberts BLT tourney question - 05/06/16 11:52 AM

3 tourneys out there this weekend good luck
Posted By: Jumpin J

Re: Ray Roberts BLT tourney question - 05/06/16 12:46 PM

I'm sure the Merchants, around the area, would disagree that we're "ruining" the Lake.
Posted By: NTX Fisherman

Re: Ray Roberts BLT tourney question - 05/06/16 12:48 PM

Fun fishing on Ray Roberts won't be much fun for the next three weekends. After that it should be good for the rest of the year.
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Ray Roberts BLT tourney question - 05/06/16 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Jumpin J
I'm sure the Merchants, around the area, would disagree that we're "ruining" the Lake.

Trust me there are plenty of people patronizing the merchants in the area without big tournaments! Stop at the Sportsman in Sanger and you will wait in line most days.

I was out the other morning right as the sun came up, the water was flat, the air was cool, the fish were biting, it was picture perfect until... there was some big tournament that took off from the marina. For a solid 45 min all you could here was outboards as the tourney looked to have several flights and the peaceful morning was shot! BTW I was a good ways up the West arm and just could not believe the noise we make and how long it lasts.(I have been in a take off like that but had not seen or heard one from a distance, surprising) I like to watch tournaments on TV on lakes other than the one I have been enjoying for 20 years.(selfish???yep!!) Just not a fan of what is happening to a fantastic lake! I have said it before, it is a public lake there for all to enjoy, just not a fan of these big tournaments being held there and the pressure they bring! For an example of why, see all the discussions and posts over the last few years with regards to the decline of Fork!
Posted By: buda13

Re: Ray Roberts BLT tourney question - 05/06/16 02:00 PM

If being on the lake during tournaments bothers you, just hit the lake from 3pm to dark, tournaments usually start weigh in at that time... you'll have it pretty much to yourself. thumb
Posted By: 04champ

Re: Ray Roberts BLT tourney question - 05/06/16 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By: jfdawson
Roberts is going to be pretty jammed up the next 2-3'weekends. I would expect 100+ for bud light and 300 for Texas Team trail, plus the Toyota Big Bass Classic behind that. Add practice days for TT this weekend, and I would expect the Pro's to start showing up soon, which will bring crowds.

that would be pretty sweet if BLT pulled 100+ boats, but it seems unlikely
Posted By: steelers

Re: Ray Roberts BLT tourney question - 05/06/16 10:07 PM

Buck Creek ramp was closed Thursday.
Posted By: smallblock

Re: Ray Roberts BLT tourney question - 05/07/16 12:17 AM

Just launch at pecan and fish north of the bridges. Shouldn't be crowded over there.
Posted By: steve Mbass

Re: Ray Roberts BLT tourney question - 05/07/16 04:13 AM

There no fish in Ray rob!
Posted By: RedEar12

Re: Ray Roberts BLT tourney question - 05/07/16 05:37 AM

Originally Posted By: buda13
If being on the lake during tournaments bothers you, just hit the lake from 3pm to dark, tournaments usually start weigh in at that time... you'll have it pretty much to yourself. thumb

I like this. But also, go fish the lake. Tournament guys don't own it.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Ray Roberts BLT tourney question - 05/07/16 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By: steve Mbass
There no fish in Ray rob!
thumb
Posted By: Mayo

Re: Ray Roberts BLT tourney question - 05/08/16 12:50 AM

I wonder how many will think they have a monster on only to reel in a drum haha. They are everywhere right now. It blew my mind last weekend!
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Ray Roberts BLT tourney question - 05/08/16 01:01 AM

Heard them tourney guys caught a 10 pounder, hope it doesn't get TMJ laugh
Posted By: Mayo

Re: Ray Roberts BLT tourney question - 05/08/16 01:33 AM

Yep they hit like a truck and fight like a whale only to end up like a blind date right...
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Ray Roberts BLT tourney question - 05/08/16 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Mayo
I wonder how many will think they have a monster on only to reel in a drum haha. They are everywhere right now. It blew my mind last weekend!

We boated a 12 lb drum Friday talk about a fight.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Ray Roberts BLT tourney question - 05/08/16 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Mayo
Yep they hit like a truck and fight like a whale only to end up like a blind date right...
roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum