Texas Fishing Forum

Caddo Lake

Posted By: harvey walker

Caddo Lake - 04/29/16 07:40 PM

I looked at Louisiana Fishing Forum but it is not very up to date, I going to S'port in a few weeks and I need info about Caddo Lake. If you guys hear or have fished it lately please add some post. It has been 45 years sense I have fished it. Me and one of my hight school buddy will be fishing it. This could be our last fishing trip together so any info will greatly helpful.

(Fair Park class of 64,65)
Posted By: TwoLakes

Re: Caddo Lake - 04/29/16 08:13 PM

There was another post about Caddo earlier this week. Water still high and fishing has been tough for most. Personally, I would look for another lake in the area to fish.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Caddo Lake - 04/29/16 08:14 PM

I hear the water is high and fast in Caddo. and the fishing is not great. Shoulda been here yesterday!

Marshall High '69
Posted By: andy52887

Re: Caddo Lake - 04/29/16 10:23 PM

Caddo has been very tough the past couple weeks. It is a little high but pretty muddy. You can still catch them but may not be a spectacular fishing day but you never know till you get out on the water.
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: Caddo Lake - 04/29/16 11:16 PM

Fish tha river, start at state park.
Eat shrimp at big pines,cold beer.
Posted By: mudd

Re: Caddo Lake - 04/29/16 11:45 PM

Only info I can give is hope it quits raining long enough for lake to stabilize. It's fishing tough even for us who fish it a lot.

Re: Caddo Lake - 04/30/16 08:27 PM

Caddo is suppose come back up to 176-177 this week which will cause lots of flooding again

Re: Caddo Lake - 04/30/16 08:56 PM

It looks like it will be close to the end of May before I can get up there. We re going through the same thing with high water, all lakes are closed here other than little Tradinghouse and that were everyone is going now.
Rudy Lackey, I am sure me and my buddy will make the BIG PINES, Waco sucks for fish places to eat fish and sea food.
I will kept looking for post about Caddo, I grew up fishing Cross Lake.
THANKS GUYS for the info.

Re: Caddo Lake - 04/30/16 09:11 PM

Send me some messages on here and I will keep u updated on things.
Posted By: mikey6345

Re: Caddo Lake - 05/01/16 09:24 PM

Water jumped up big time again this weekend from the big Friday storm. I was out there and didn't even try to put my boat in Saturday. All the ramps are so high you have to get your truck up to the doors or higher to launch. State Park ramp is closed.

I have a buddy that fished the turning point tourney yesterday who is a great Caddo fisherman. And he said not launching was the best decision I made yesterday. Snakes are out big time.

It is a mess.

Re: Caddo Lake - 05/01/16 11:31 PM

I'm out here sand bagging homes today. That's how serious it is. People r running the lake I've seen and no way I'd put my boat in it!

Re: Caddo Lake - 05/02/16 12:11 AM

Thanks for the heads up.
Posted By: Catfish676

Re: Caddo Lake - 05/02/16 05:18 PM

Mudd-

Is this as bad as the March high water?

Re: Caddo Lake - 05/02/16 05:26 PM

I just checked and it is right at 6ft above normal pool now. The March water was at about 10ft over pool - right?
Posted By: 75670

Re: Caddo Lake - 05/02/16 06:12 PM

From what I heard it is expected to reach 178 feet this time, while it reached 180 feet in March. But we got some more showers in the area last night so that could change. I feel terrible for the people that live there, they sure could use a break.

Re: Caddo Lake - 05/02/16 11:48 PM

No joke. I ate a Shady Glade last weekend and the owners told me the whole community got together and helped them rehab the structure and open back up as soon as they could to keep the business running.
Posted By: MarcM64

Re: Caddo Lake - 05/02/16 11:57 PM

The wife and were planning a weekend trip on Memorial day and have tried twice to get in touch with David at Shady Glade, but wont return my calls! After all the water, probably best to plan something else!
Posted By: Nic Jones

Re: Caddo Lake - 05/02/16 11:59 PM

They are expecting more flooding after this weekend's rains. shocked

Longview News Journal - Officials warn residents of flood

Re: Caddo Lake - 05/03/16 12:16 AM

I'm told at 176ft the water will be back in Shady Glade.

Re: Caddo Lake - 05/03/16 02:06 AM

That's true. Lake suppose crest wed-Thursday looks like at 178 still.
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Caddo Lake - 05/03/16 02:00 PM

I would go up into kitchens creek or fish around big green break, or buzzard bay.
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Caddo Lake - 05/03/16 02:02 PM

We ran a camp and store at the dam for 30 plus years and my grandmother almost fell out when I showed her the pictures and videos of the dam and where the water was compared to where our store used to be.
Posted By: JD/76708

Re: Caddo Lake - 05/03/16 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By: harvey walker
all lakes are closed here other than little Tradinghouse and that were everyone is going now.
Rudy Lackey, I am sure me and my buddy will make the BIG PINES, Waco sucks for fish places to eat fish and sea food.

THANKS GUYS for the info.

Harvey...next time you fish T-House, the Catfish Hut in Mart is worth the drive...fried ribs or the catfish, and you will leave happy smile ...and full! Tell Bobby that Jeff sent ya'...he does barbecue on the weekends, starting on Fri

I've been wanting to fish Caddo soon, never have been on it..
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum