Texas Fishing Forum

Fading TuffSkinz Motor Cover

Posted By: Swimbaiter

Fading TuffSkinz Motor Cover - 04/29/16 04:33 PM

Any idea how to bring back the life out of my TuffSkinz cover? It's got some major fading and just wondering if there's anything you can put on it to keep it looking good. Thanks!
Posted By: Puma Jim

Re: Fading TuffSkinz Motor Cover - 04/29/16 05:20 PM

Mine has faded some but still works as designed and will not be without one. My boat is a 2008 and had one since day 1. May be faded but works fine
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Fading TuffSkinz Motor Cover - 04/29/16 05:43 PM

I still put a cheap cover over it when not using the boat.
Posted By: LoneStarHusker

Re: Fading TuffSkinz Motor Cover - 04/29/16 07:30 PM

Originally Posted By: lamoon78

A cover over a cover.. hmmm That's funny, but I'm sure you're not the only one that does it.

At least your cowling isn't fading!
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Fading TuffSkinz Motor Cover - 04/29/16 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By: LoneStarHusker
Originally Posted By: lamoon78

A cover over a cover.. hmmm That's funny, but I'm sure you're not the only one that does it.

At least your cowling isn't fading!

I thought the point of buying a cover is to not to have to worry about it. So, when the cover for the cover fades will you cover the cover's cover with a 3rd cover?
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Fading TuffSkinz Motor Cover - 04/29/16 07:51 PM

Maybe camp dry?? It is spray on, silicone based, fabric water proofer and it does darken the color of your tent or boots or whatever you spray it on. Sold at Wally world in the camping section. This is just a guess at a solution.
Posted By: Clay Shipe

Re: Fading TuffSkinz Motor Cover - 04/29/16 09:08 PM

Tuff Skinz carries a product that you spray on the cover to help keep it clean and to prevent fading. Call them and get a bottle, might bring back the color.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Fading TuffSkinz Motor Cover - 04/30/16 01:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Clay Shipe
Tuff Skinz carries a product that you spray on the cover to help keep it clean and to prevent fading. Call them and get a bottle, might bring back the color.

Hmmmm....so they sell a product to fix a fabric that they use that doesn't hold up?.......

NEVERMIND!

To steal a phrase...NUTS.....
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Fading TuffSkinz Motor Cover - 04/30/16 01:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Blake_ZX225
Any idea how to bring back the life out of my TuffSkinz cover? It's got some major fading and just wondering if there's anything you can put on it to keep it looking good. Thanks!

Sure wish there was something for this.....
Posted By: DKennimer

Re: Fading TuffSkinz Motor Cover - 04/30/16 02:13 AM

Anyone tried interior automotive paint? I bet the would work if you taped off the decals.
Posted By: Clark3

Re: Fading TuffSkinz Motor Cover - 04/30/16 02:36 AM

Originally Posted By: DKennimer
Anyone tried interior automotive paint? I bet the would work if you taped off the decals.

Then your motor would prolly be overheating in about 30 mins. These things are vented.

Is that the purpose of a motor cover, to protect your motor. So if it's fading it's taking the abuse that your motor would be taking. Or are they just used so guys like me with a 15 year old motor can make the world wonder if it's a brand new motor or not lol
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Fading TuffSkinz Motor Cover - 04/30/16 03:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Clark3

Then your motor would prolly be overheating in about 30 mins. These things are vented.

Is that the purpose of a motor cover, to protect your motor. So if it's fading it's taking the abuse that your motor would be taking. Or are they just used so guys like me with a 15 year old motor can make the world wonder if it's a brand new motor or not lol

Or guys like me can take an hour and $100 every 10'years and repaint the dam thing.
Posted By: DKennimer

Re: Fading TuffSkinz Motor Cover - 04/30/16 04:01 AM

How would it cause it to over heat...?? You're not clogging the ventilation ports...
Posted By: Clark3

Re: Fading TuffSkinz Motor Cover - 04/30/16 07:31 AM

How would it cause it to over heat...?? You're not clogging the ventilation ports...

Yeah you're right heating may not be an issue after I thought about it some. But I think air intake would be but I'm by no means an expert I just knew they are designed to be vented
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Fading TuffSkinz Motor Cover - 04/30/16 11:05 AM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted By: Clay Shipe

Hmmmm....so they sell a product to fix a fabric that they use that doesn't hold up?.......

NEVERMIND!

To steal a phrase...NUTS.....

Just like most things that are outside in the weather, if you don't maintain them, they show signs of aging.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum