Texas Fishing Forum

Vilbig Lake aka Irving Lake

Posted By: los1983

Vilbig Lake aka Irving Lake - 04/29/16 01:05 AM

Ok who lives on this lake and would want to be my friend so I can fish it? Lol
Posted By: GrassProShop Jim

Re: Vilbig Lake aka Irving Lake - 04/29/16 01:28 AM

My step daughter lives on the lake. I've gotten to fish it a few times, but each time was windy as all get out. I'd like to fish it in calm conditions. There are some good ones that live in there. The only pressure it gets is from the residents who live on the lake, so not a lot.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Vilbig Lake aka Irving Lake - 04/29/16 02:18 AM

I used to fish it in the 70s.
What? Is it private now?

There's nothing worth catching in there.
Posted By: Big Swimbait

Re: Vilbig Lake aka Irving Lake - 04/29/16 04:02 AM

Originally Posted By: reeltexan

I used to fish it in the 70s.
What? Is it private now?

There's nothing worth catching in there.

A lot of years of very good lake management have happened since then. Bob Lusk has been hired on a regular basis to do shock surveys & make recommendations. They have a stocking committee & an environmental committee that work hard to put in place the recommendations. The lake is all electric motors, so no noise or gas/oil pollution to deal with. Plus there are some pretty good sticks that live there for a reason.
Posted By: los1983

Re: Vilbig Lake aka Irving Lake - 04/29/16 10:12 AM

Yeah from what i read online, its only for people that live there or friends of. They take good care of it and stock it.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Vilbig Lake aka Irving Lake - 04/29/16 11:40 AM

It a little treasure in the middle of a Turd City..........
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Vilbig Lake aka Irving Lake - 04/29/16 03:06 PM

I'll be.
You just never know.

See?
Over population can be a good thing too.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Vilbig Lake aka Irving Lake - 04/29/16 03:34 PM

Fun little lake to fish, lots of 4-5 lb fish in there....
Posted By: Lake Vilbig

Re: Vilbig Lake aka Irving Lake - 04/29/16 03:57 PM

Turd City?

It's really a GREAT place to live! I caught some huge crappie off my dock last night....the smaller crappie help feed our monster size bass.

Were else can you can you roll out of bed each month, walk down to your boat, and fish in a tournament run by one of the best bass clubs in Texas. There is no travel time, no boat ramps to deal with, no expenses....just pure relaxation and enjoyment.

The beauty of it all is that we live in the heart of the Dallas / Ft. Worth Metroplex. Work is close for almost everyone living here, meaning that we have hours to spend enjoying the lake each day while people who are like say from Frisco are stuck in traffic....wasting their years away on a commute back and forth to work.

Posted By: Ride-or-Fish ®

Re: Vilbig Lake aka Irving Lake - 04/29/16 08:15 PM

I would live in Irving, only if I was on Vilbig. Awesome little lake to fish.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum