Texas Fishing Forum

Navionics Hotmaps Platinum VS Lakemast Plus

Posted By: kellisag

Navionics Hotmaps Platinum VS Lakemast Plus - 04/27/16 06:47 PM

What is everyone's preference?

Pro's/Con's of each?
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Navionics Hotmaps Platinum VS Lakemast Plus - 04/27/16 07:07 PM

Both are great products and have their own benefits as well as weaknesses, and you will get different opinions from different people on this topic, but the best advice I could give is to survey the lakes you fish and see which offers the better mapping as well as amount of coverage. You can check out the Navionics Webapp for all of the updated available mapping for the water you fish.

http://webapp.navionics.com/#@6&key=omvvDnjx%7DP

Be sure to toggle the button in the bottom left corner to turn the Sonar Charts layer on to see all of the mapping that has been updated due to fisherman turning in recordings to help improve or to keep mapping updated as bodies of water change. I cant speak for LakeMaster, but if there is anything I can answer or help you out with on Navionics products feel free to let me know.

Re: Navionics Hotmaps Platinum VS Lakemast Plus - 04/27/16 09:37 PM

Thanks Corey. Can you do depth shading with Nav?

Re: Navionics Hotmaps Platinum VS Lakemast Plus - 04/28/16 03:48 PM

bump
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Navionics Hotmaps Platinum VS Lakemast Plus - 04/28/16 06:09 PM

I just bit the bullet and bought both. Win win
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Navionics Hotmaps Platinum VS Lakemast Plus - 04/28/16 06:17 PM

I have both. Navionics is better. By far. The updated charts are just that....updated. Lakemaster isn't updated. I don't know that with my units, Helix 7's, that it CAN be updated. So....I mostly use an iPad on a ram for lake maps and just use the Helix units for graphing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum