Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Fork Report w/ pics

Posted By: Billy_Lawson

Lake Fork Report w/ pics - 04/26/16 09:56 AM

Fishing lately has been tough overall with the number of bites being very inconsistent. We are managing to get some fish in the boat each day by using a variety of techniques. The most consistent bite getter for me has been the wacky worm in watermelon red. Throw it anywhere that looks good and really slow down with this for it to work. Then we've got a decent frog bite early and late or during cloudy conditions. We are fishing this around matted grass and alligator or pond weed. Next is the LFT Magic Popper, I am using this in same conditions as the frog but throwing it over submergent grasses. One more recent pattern is when you see big schools of bait in the backs of pockets, there will be big schools that you can see swimming around or scattering on the surface, I've been taking a 6th Sense Movement 80x crank in a shad pattern and throw it through the bait school trying to crash it in there and scatter them. Sometimes you have to make quite a few cast to trigger a bite but it usually pays off. I hope this helps y'all on your next trip to Fork, I have this Friday and Saturday available if anybody is looking for a last minute guide trip this week. Here's a few pics from the last couple days. Thanks and good luck out there.

Posted By: papamark

Re: Lake Fork Report w/ pics - 04/26/16 09:58 AM

banana
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: Lake Fork Report w/ pics - 04/26/16 10:52 AM

Very nice !
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum