Texas Fishing Forum

KYKX Tournament on LOP payout cut back this year

Posted By: feedman

KYKX Tournament on LOP payout cut back this year - 04/26/16 01:31 AM

Heard on the radio today that they are guaranteeing $50,000 cash for big fish. Pretty shady how this is the first time they have mentioned the reduced payout after probably 95% of the people have entered. For as long as I can remember it has been $105,000 in cash and prizes to the big fish. Still a pretty good payday for first but their hourly money is terrible, can't even win your entry money back for third in the hour. I wouldn't be so pissed but it just seems shady that they waited this long to announce the reduced payout. Same entry, 1/2 the payout, that's BS! Anybody else feel duped by this?
Posted By: Bass Hunter 60

Re: KYKX Tournament on LOP payout cut back this year - 04/26/16 01:58 AM

I guess the economy is bad for the radio business too , I just noticed it today , I don't fish it any more just don't like the crowd on that size of lake.
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: KYKX Tournament on LOP payout cut back this year - 04/26/16 02:03 AM

$50,000 cash and a new boat. They have always advertised $105,000 in cash and prizes.
Posted By: pil,b

Re: KYKX Tournament on LOP payout cut back this year - 04/26/16 02:11 AM

KEAN radio did that a few years back at Hubbard creek after the entries had been paid. fish

Re: KYKX Tournament on LOP payout cut back this year - 04/26/16 02:15 AM

I completely understand the economy being bad, and probably much less sponsorship money being pitched in. I just think they purposely kept the reduction of payout quiet until the end because they knew it would decrease their entries if they revealed the reduced payout prior to the beginning of the late entry period. Had they announced it earlier I would have still entered and just chalked it up to low sponsorship and a bad economy, no big deal.
Posted By: Bass Bug

Re: KYKX Tournament on LOP payout cut back this year - 04/26/16 02:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Txmedic033
$50,000 cash and a new boat. They have always advertised $105,000 in cash and prizes.

There is no boat this year. Just cash.

Re: KYKX Tournament on LOP payout cut back this year - 04/26/16 02:22 AM

There is no mention of the boat on their radio ads or their website now.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: KYKX Tournament on LOP payout cut back this year - 04/26/16 02:30 AM

Originally Posted By: feedman
I completely understand the economy being bad, and probably much less sponsorship money being pitched in. I just think they purposely kept the reduction of payout quiet until the end because they knew it would decrease their entries if they revealed the reduced payout prior to the beginning of the late entry period. Had they announced it earlier I would have still entered and just chalked it up to low sponsorship and a bad economy, no big deal.

I will argue the other side, maybe they were trying to see if they got enough entries in to keep the money up at the 105 mark so they wouldn't have to lower it. I know we always want to believe that everyone is a crook but sometimes they have to do stuff like this to keep the tournament and not lose money. They are not here to lose money just so people can fish for fun. Their only other option would be to cancel and return money which always seams to make everyone mad to. They may think the economy will be better next year and can go back up. I know most tournaments the payout are based on entires. They wouldn't know how many people will enter till just before the tournament. just my .02
Posted By: Statton48

Re: KYKX Tournament on LOP payout cut back this year - 04/26/16 02:44 AM

Originally Posted By: 921 Phoenix
Originally Posted By: feedman

I will argue the other side, maybe they were trying to see if they got enough entries in to keep the money up at the 105 mark so they wouldn't have to lower it. I know we always want to believe that everyone is a crook but sometimes they have to do stuff like this to keep the tournament and not lose money. They are not here to lose money just so people can fish for fun. Their only other option would be to cancel and return money which always seams to make everyone mad to. They may think the economy will be better next year and can go back up. I know most tournaments the payout are based on entires. They wouldn't know how many people will enter till just before the tournament. just my .02

I agree with this to an extent. Only argument is, that most tournaments will tell you what the payout will be compared to the # of entries. If they had a certain number of entries they needed to pay out $105k then they should advertise it. Maybe people would then encourage others to enter or be able to see if it is worth there time to even enter. But your point is very valid. Like I said, I agree with what your saying. Just a different view to look at it

Re: KYKX Tournament on LOP payout cut back this year - 04/26/16 02:45 AM

I completely understand that and most competitive sports you enter the payout is based on number of entries. I am not trying to say they are crooked because I did not see a payout stated when I signed up, Hell they could have made the payout $5 and I could not call them crooked because I signed up not knowing the payout. It will be interesting to see how many are entered this year, to know whether down entries were the reason.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: KYKX Tournament on LOP payout cut back this year - 04/26/16 03:31 AM

It seems that Bass Fishing payouts haven't kept up with inflation (however minor it may be). But the number of anglers and events continue to grow... Are we looking at cannibalism? gumshoe
Posted By: hamlet5

Re: KYKX Tournament on LOP payout cut back this year - 04/26/16 10:40 AM

On the KYKX website it does have in writing that the 50K could increase depending on number of entries. Deadline for entering not here yet. Storms Fri and Sat here at the lake will hurt em .
Posted By: Statton48

Re: KYKX Tournament on LOP payout cut back this year - 04/26/16 12:51 PM

Yup showing 100 and 90 percent Friday and Saturday
Posted By: Dbranch3

Re: KYKX Tournament on LOP payout cut back this year - 04/26/16 01:45 PM

The hourly payouts are not even worth burning a big fish in your big fish hole, at least not for me!
Posted By: ssmith

Re: KYKX Tournament on LOP payout cut back this year - 04/26/16 02:11 PM

the kean tournament at hubbard creek used to pay insane money they had lots of entrys you could fish out of a boat ,tube or wade then they decided the fishermen were getting to much of there own money back cut the payouts to nearly half an then it went away.

Re: KYKX Tournament on LOP payout cut back this year - 04/26/16 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Dbranch3
The hourly payouts are not even worth burning a big fish in your big fish hole, at least not for me!

$1,200 plus more if it is a top 10 fish isn't enough for one fish?
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: KYKX Tournament on LOP payout cut back this year - 04/27/16 01:30 AM

now you guys see how it feels when you get a bait thrown at you and you bite..... banana
Posted By: Dbranch3

Re: KYKX Tournament on LOP payout cut back this year - 04/27/16 02:31 AM

How did I miss thAt, I thought it was $600 for heavy fish of the hour??

Re: KYKX Tournament on LOP payout cut back this year - 04/27/16 03:38 AM

How did I miss thAt, I thought it was $600 for heavy fish of the hour??

It is $600, but if you are wearing the KYKX shirt from this year it doubles the first place money. I keep one in the boat every year. I just don't wear the ugly thing unless I am weighing in a fish.
Posted By: Beast From The East

Re: KYKX Tournament on LOP payout cut back this year - 04/27/16 05:00 AM

My partner and I pre registered and they told us they were out of shirts. Lol
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum