Gates Open --- Water Dropping - 04/24/16 08:56 PM

What do fish do ?
What do you do to catch fish ?
Posted By: danwill12

Re: Gates Open --- Water Dropping - 04/24/16 11:50 PM

U got a pm.
Posted By: Nathan_Flovin

Re: Gates Open --- Water Dropping - 04/24/16 11:53 PM

It all depends on how much they let out. The fish will feel the pressure change in the water. Fishing usually gets slow, you just have to find out what works. I'll typically throw a top water if it's dark out just do it slow. Once it gets light out I'll throw on a Texas or wacky rig and fish pointsbor areas with some good vegetation.
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Gates Open --- Water Dropping - 04/25/16 01:48 AM

On Ray Roberts I practice casting for several hours maybe luck into a dink or two then go home frustrated!!
Posted By: timwins31

Re: Gates Open --- Water Dropping - 04/25/16 02:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Bass Buster1
On Ray Roberts I practice casting for several hours maybe luck into a dink or two then go home frustrated!!

That's probably the best advice I could offer too. Lol.

Seriously tho, in my limited experience fishing falling water, the fish get up REAL tight to cover and you almost have to hit them in the head to get a bite. The only success I had was flipping a craw into really hard to get to places and right up against any cover.
Posted By: 04champ

Re: Gates Open --- Water Dropping - 04/25/16 02:30 PM

Depends on the lake and the available cover. I think they will either pull out to a brush line in 3-5 ft of water (if available) or they will pull out to the first deep break and suspend for the most part. If the latter scenario happens, good luck
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum