Texas Fishing Forum

help with power pole blade installation

Posted By: SK1

help with power pole blade installation - 04/23/16 09:16 PM

Just installed brand new 10ft blade on the skeeter only pole goes down but won't retract . I'm thinking bad pump? Anybody else had this to happen? Did the prime and checked all fittings for tightnest. Any suggestions/help?
Posted By: Clark3

Re: help with power pole blade installation - 04/23/16 09:42 PM

Originally Posted By: SK1
Just installed brand new 10ft blade on the skeeter only pole goes down but won't retract . I'm thinking bad pump? Anybody else had this to happen? Did the prime and checked all fittings for tightnest. Any suggestions/help?

Are you sure the hoses are hooked up to their correct respective ports? Did you use the whole quart of oil supplied?

Re: help with power pole blade installation - 04/23/16 09:53 PM

Yes and yes
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: help with power pole blade installation - 04/23/16 10:17 PM

When you attempt to retract, do you hear the electric motor (that powers the pump) run? If it's not running, it's obviously not going to retract.

I assume you're pressing the up/down button on top of the motor housing (vs. a remote button)?

You may be able to more easily diagnose the issue if you remove the bolt in the Power Pole for the moving end of the hydraulic actuator. This will let the ram extend and retract without physically moving the Power Pole itself. It will also eliminate the unlikely case of some part mechanically binding. The pumps don't really have a lot of torque, so if something in binding badly, it may not retract.

I don't know if you have cycled the pump very many times or not. Sometimes it can take quite a few up/down cycles to properly prime the system. Remember it will almost always go DOWN due to gravity (even the very first time), but fail to retract until after the system is primed. Do at least 10 cycles before you declare it broken. Let us know....
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: help with power pole blade installation - 04/23/16 10:20 PM

Call me and I might can help. Customer ran into a problem like this. 936 465 5551

Re: help with power pole blade installation - 04/29/16 06:04 PM

Follow up to initial post, powerpole promptly sent out another pump and it works great.Powerpole has great customer service.Problem solved.
Posted By: Pitdad

Re: help with power pole blade installation - 04/29/16 07:59 PM

That sounds messy...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum