Texas Fishing Forum

I hate thieves too....

Posted By: JDJ01

I hate thieves too.... - 04/22/16 01:30 AM

Went to my storage facility to do some cleaning of my boat.. found that my rod locker had been broken into and 4 combos stolen. This is in a locked facility with electric wire around the fence tops... and cameras. It just so happens the cameras don't angle towards my space says the kid working the front office. Ohhh and the fiberglass is cracked from where they jammed something in there to pop the lock. Its a shame what folks will resort to. On the bright side, Im taking off to Fork for a long weekend tomorrow morn banana

Watch your gear folks, it seems us anglers are becoming an increasingly targeted species

Re: I hate thieves too.... - 04/22/16 01:34 AM

One last thing.. They were nice enough to leave my wife and sons zebcos behind! so Im only out $1400 instead of $1427.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: I hate thieves too.... - 04/22/16 01:36 AM

Well at least they didn't take your sense of humor LOL sorry for your lost tho, I am afraid its going to get worst before it gets better.
Posted By: Mo_Cat

Re: I hate thieves too.... - 04/22/16 01:44 AM

My daughters $400 Coach purse got lifted out of her car last night in her driveway. We got crack heads in MO also. I hate thieves!!
Posted By: stuntmandave

Re: I hate thieves too.... - 04/22/16 01:52 AM

I'd be keeping an eye on craigslist, and that kid at the front office... Sorry about your gear, but at least you get to spend your weekend at Fork! Maybe luck will turn your way with a nice over! Good luck cheers
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: I hate thieves too.... - 04/22/16 02:04 AM

check you homeowners and boat insurances... fish
Posted By: SAKS

Re: I hate thieves too.... - 04/22/16 02:17 AM

This is why I keep all my gear in my garage. Storage is for the boat only.
Posted By: danwill12

Re: I hate thieves too.... - 04/22/16 02:34 AM

Seems strange to have the camera trained away. What did the cops say?

Re: I hate thieves too.... - 04/22/16 02:57 AM

Ill def check the boat insurance.. didn't think about that! to your point SAKS... I typically don't keep my gear in the boat but I left a few in there from a recent trip out and just slipped my mind.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: I hate thieves too.... - 04/22/16 12:17 PM

kid behind the counter sounds awfully suspicious... and if the company touts "video surveillance" then you could have them for "NOT" providing that coverage! Have one of your buddies ask that kid randomly if he wants to go fishing and see what he brings to the ramp!!
Posted By: SAKS

Re: I hate thieves too.... - 04/22/16 09:40 PM

Not sure they are any safer at home to be honest but I feel better about them being here. It's just sad how untrusting we have to be and the minute we let our guard down something like this happens.
Posted By: nitro(86)

Re: I hate thieves too.... - 04/23/16 02:26 AM

Keep a eye on offer up also
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum