Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Roberts

Posted By: Austin.P

Ray Roberts - 04/21/16 02:23 PM

Gonna be an awesome weekend on ray! Be expecting multiple 25+ bags!
Posted By: fish4bass

Re: Ray Roberts - 04/21/16 03:30 PM

Crossed it this morning. Looks like a mud hole.
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Ray Roberts - 04/21/16 03:37 PM

We had a good practice yesterday but Ive begun to understand that it really doesn't matter how practice goes on that lake. Either way we will be there.
Posted By: smallblock

Re: Ray Roberts - 04/21/16 04:03 PM

Do any tournaments launch from the marina? Hopefully not, because im taking my FIL out this Saturday and don't want a million freaking tourney guys launching at the same time.
Posted By: Austin.P

Re: Ray Roberts - 04/21/16 05:09 PM

There will be several tournaments Saturday and Sunday, I will be fishing both days , two different ones! Or practicing has been finominal! Huge bass! With this light rain we got, water is still clear. Big bass everytime averaging each day about 25 pounds on biggest fish every once in a while will land a 7+ had one day I had 16 pounds just in 2 days! Talked to a few other boaters yesterday that 2 were caught 10+! Remembering shad are spawning is a key advise, with your usual techniques. Iv had word a lot of tournaments are launching from Jordan park. I believe "main" marina ramp and Johnson will be fine with less crowds. Hang on tight and be ready for a big one to bite. They are hitting everything from action to slow, experimented with several types and colors. With the fishing the way it's been going it's any anglers gamble to cover ground or be confident and fish slow. All fish ranging from south end to north end, water temp is great. Don't be scared of dirty water. Good luck guys! Post your pics of this weekend and let's see what you land.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum