Texas Fishing Forum

4/19 Lake Fork Update with Double Digit Pics

Posted By: AndrewG - Lake Fork Guide

4/19 Lake Fork Update with Double Digit Pics - 04/19/16 07:00 PM

While I would love to report that Fork is on fire, I have to be honest and say that isn't the case for me. Numbers are very low for me and other guides I stay in contact with, however the bigger bites have been coming on a regular basis for us. I try to get my customers to come in with a trophy hunt mindset, prepared to sacrifice quantity for quality. I figure if we are just going to catch a few, they might as well be big ones.

The lake looks good today. I was expecting the water to be more stained due to the heavy rains we had lately, but it hasn't changed much over the past few days. The upper west arm is still muddy, but the rest of the water is in good shape. We are slightly above full pool but the gates have been open and I suspect they will let it get a little below that before they close.

Right now I'm targeting pre and post spawn fish on their way in and out of spawning areas. I'm fishing points, humps, and pond dams the fish will pass in and out of protected creeks and spawning flats. Super shallow down to 8' deep has been my target, but I'm starting to see a few fish show up in deep water already. The top producing lure for me has been the Smashtech Felon. It's probably caught more big fish in my boat the past two weeks than everything else combined. I've also been having good success with square bills, frogs, and Carolina rigs. Below are some big ones we've caught in the past 2 weeks along with an 11.56 I never posted on here from 3/24. I expect the numbers to pick up big time as more fish get into their post spawn feed. Oak Ridge Marina carries the the 3 colors of Felons that have been working best for me, white, hitch, and olive shad.

11.56lb below

Posted By: Karl Dietz

Re: 4/19 Lake Fork Update with Big Bass Pics - 04/19/16 07:04 PM

Good job Andrew!
Posted By: Paul - Lake Fork

Re: 4/19 Lake Fork Update with Big Bass Pics - 04/19/16 10:33 PM

Thanks Andrew..sure like those SmashTech baits(especially after dark..hehe). See ya soon buddy
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: 4/19 Lake Fork Update with Big Bass Pics - 04/20/16 12:55 AM

Beautiful Bass Mr. Grills. Thanks for sharing the report.
Posted By: LakeForkLodge

Re: 4/19 Lake Fork Update with Big Bass Pics - 04/20/16 01:29 AM

Great fish Andrew.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Re: 4/19 Lake Fork Update with Big Bass Pics - 04/20/16 01:34 AM

thumb
Posted By: FSWITX

Re: 4/19 Lake Fork Update with Big Bass Pics - 04/20/16 01:56 AM

Nice job
Posted By: JD/76708

Re: 4/19 Lake Fork Update with Big Bass Pics - 04/20/16 02:13 AM

Sweet!

Nice to see at least a few big girls are being caught...nice work, Andrew
Posted By: Eric Wright, Lake Fork Guide

Re: 4/19 Lake Fork Update with Big Bass Pics - 04/20/16 02:38 AM

good job bud!
Posted By: AndrewG - Lake Fork Guide

Re: 4/19 Lake Fork Update with Big Bass Pics - 04/21/16 12:25 AM

Thanks guys!
Posted By: Richard McCarty

Re: 4/19 Lake Fork Update with Big Bass Pics - 04/21/16 01:44 AM

I have to commend you on keying in on a pattern that produces very good fish under these conditions.
Good job.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: 4/19 Lake Fork Update with Big Bass Pics - 04/21/16 01:56 AM

Great job keeping your customers on quality fish, Andrew. Those big females on their way out and the few GIANTS) still headed in won't tolerate a bream. Nor anything that looks like one presented in the right outbound funnel. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum