Texas Fishing Forum

What questions would you ask?

Posted By: SkeeterMarine

What questions would you ask? - 04/16/16 05:30 PM

If you had the chance to spend the day with an elite tour angler, what questions would you ask them?
Posted By: Basser1OH

Re: What questions would you ask? - 04/16/16 06:16 PM

How they locate a school, how they choose the bait type and color, and how they break down a new body of water. I'll get my chance in June while I'm a Marsall during Bass Fest at Texoma.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: What questions would you ask? - 04/16/16 06:29 PM

I've been fortunate to spend a total of 16 days between Elite and FLW pros. 6 of those days were fishing and not spectating as a marshall/judge. My approach was to just watch and gain as much as info as possible. One question I did ask was how often they sit on a spot when looking for fish. They move ALOT. Alot more and faster than the average weekend angler.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: What questions would you ask? - 04/16/16 06:36 PM

I wouldn't bother him with a bunch of silly questions you can research and find the answers on your own.

Re: What questions would you ask? - 04/16/16 09:01 PM

I will not be a marshal or judge, this is for Clark Reehms elite angler academy. Guess I should of put that in the orginal post.

Re: What questions would you ask? - 04/16/16 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Basser1OH
How they locate a school, how they choose the bait type and color, and how they break down a new body of water. I'll get my chance in June while I'm a Marsall during Bass Fest at Texoma.

Thanks will definitely ask those questions!

Re: What questions would you ask? - 04/16/16 09:04 PM

Originally Posted By: ChanceHuiet
I've been fortunate to spend a total of 16 days between Elite and FLW pros. 6 of those days were fishing and not spectating as a marshall/judge. My approach was to just watch and gain as much as info as possible. One question I did ask was how often they sit on a spot when looking for fish. They move ALOT. Alot more and faster than the average weekend angler.

That's one question I plan to ask, how long to stay on a spot that isn't producing.

Re: What questions would you ask? - 04/16/16 09:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.
I wouldn't bother him with a bunch of silly questions you can research and find the answers on your own.

Thanks for your opinion, it has been noted.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: What questions would you ask? - 04/16/16 09:06 PM

I would ask him if had cold beer in the boat
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: What questions would you ask? - 04/16/16 11:04 PM

Originally Posted By: RedRanger
I would ask him if had cold beer in the boat

You'd be surprised.

Most don't, obviously....but I do know a couple that have the ice chest full in the truck. Lol
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: What questions would you ask? - 04/16/16 11:17 PM

Originally Posted By: SkeeterMarine
Originally Posted By: Doug R.

Thanks for your opinion, it has been noted.

If you would have stated you are paying for his time then I would have said ask as many questions as you want. You're spending your money to learn, go armed with a list of questions that you deem valuable to you.

I was simply saying if you are in his boat as a guest or a marshall, I would not bother him with a lot of questions that you could find the answers to yourself.

Whole different scenario if you are paying the freight for the day...
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: What questions would you ask? - 04/17/16 12:09 AM

ID ask them for free stuff..and prolly just random questions if they're doing something I've never done.
Posted By: BassnJAK

Re: What questions would you ask? - 04/17/16 12:01 PM

how to approach a new body of water to locate fish.
and the winning lottery numbers would be nice.
grin
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: What questions would you ask? - 04/17/16 12:28 PM

We have a TFF who used to post a lot already win $100K on Elite Series on Oneida back in 2009

TeamEzee was his handle, We had a party for him in Hurst. Chad Griffin was his name, Prety cool deal.

http://www.syracuse.com/outdoors/index.ssf/2009/08/texas_rookie_wins_bassmaster_t.html
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum