Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Roberts Fun

Posted By: Ex-Bright Red Champion

Ray Roberts Fun - 04/16/16 02:41 PM

Fun time on Ray Bob yesterday evening. Only caught a few post spawn bass but the big sandies were fun. Also caught this.. Not a big bass but 25 lbs of fun on 15 lb floro and Med-heavy rig. Caught while sandie fishing. Thanks to old bud for meeting me at Jordan after leaving work early. Also good to see and chat with Barrett.. Haven't seen him since Falcon a year and a half ago. [img]https://flic.kr/p/Gdv67e[/img]
Posted By: fish4bass

Re: Ray Roberts Fun - 04/16/16 02:57 PM

Good thing you got out there. Probably about to flood again with the predicted rain.
Posted By: Barn

Re: Ray Roberts Fun - 04/16/16 03:54 PM

You can get into some big schools of magnum sandies this time of year on Roberts for sure. I saw a big school working last week when I was heading back to the ramp out of Indian.
Posted By: JoshuaHookAndSet

Re: Ray Roberts Fun - 04/16/16 09:33 PM

As much fun as Ray Bob can be this rain is about to slow things down even more. I haven't been on the lake in yr up until a couple weeks ago and landed a nice 6lbs up at the opening of the creek just north of Wolf Island and dang the lake looks great with all this water but hope the rain stops until summer wink
I've been fishing shallow but are the fish still fairly deep? I've put in 12 hours of fishing 2-6ft water and have only landed 2 fish
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum