Texas Fishing Forum

Cedar Creek

Posted By: Transplant from WV

Cedar Creek - 04/15/16 05:10 PM

Any navigational hazards I should worry about on Cedar Creek?

Re: Cedar Creek - 04/15/16 05:11 PM

Also, any place of interest to eat? I mean there has to be something interesting around a city called Gun Barrel City.
Posted By: B3AR

Re: Cedar Creek - 04/15/16 05:52 PM

Spend most of my time fishing the South end, never had a problem running it wide open. I usually eat at this little Mexican restaurant down in Malakoff, I think it's call "Ochoa's"...
Posted By: CLedbetter

Re: Cedar Creek - 04/15/16 05:55 PM

North end gets stumpy, north of 334 bridge. Everything south of 334 bridge is pretty wide open. Just watch out for shallow points and stuff.

Re: Cedar Creek - 04/15/16 07:36 PM

Thanks folks.

Ochoa's. I will have my wife with me and surprise her then. Is there a place to also park my boat?
Posted By: B3AR

Re: Cedar Creek - 04/15/16 07:38 PM

Yes sir, that is the main reason I go to that place.
Posted By: brennansgrandpa

Re: Cedar Creek - 04/15/16 07:51 PM

Take 198 south heading out of town towards Malakoff and turn right on highway 31 by the new McDonalds. Ochoa's is about a mile down on your left just past Sonic. Nice big parking lot.

Enjoy!
Posted By: Troyz

Re: Cedar Creek - 04/15/16 08:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Transplant from WV
Also, any place of interest to eat? I mean there has to be something interesting around a city called Gun Barrel City.

No hazards I am aware of at the current lake level. Just watch depth on the points. My most productive fishing has been mid lake and South on East side of lake. I have not fished the South West part of the lake in a long long time.

Several decent to good places in Gun Barrel City to eat. Hectors on Main Street has good Mexican food and usually has very good Steaks. Jalapeno Tree Also on Main Street is good Mexican food. Tommy's has good BBQ. It is on 206 OLD GUN BARREL LANE SOUTH in Gun Barrel City. Also good BBQ in 7-Points but don't remember the name of it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum