Texas Fishing Forum

Skeeter trailer problems

Posted By: jiggmann

Skeeter trailer problems - 04/14/16 03:00 AM

For some reason the breaks are blowing a fuse in my truck and they lock up when backing up. In addition to that when I back up in driveway I have to put a clamp on the tounge to keep it from sliding back locking the breaks up.anyone had this problem before? Possible solutions?
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Skeeter trailer problems - 04/14/16 03:03 AM

Obviously you have a bare wire touching someplace, find it & fix it.
Posted By: Squirrely Dan

Re: Skeeter trailer problems - 04/14/16 03:15 AM

On mine if not good connection it won't let me go in reverse either.
Posted By: jfdawson

Re: Skeeter trailer problems - 04/14/16 12:50 PM

Look under the tongue for the blue wire. It might have black overspray from th trailer if your trailer is black. I'll bet this wire is disconnected and exposed.
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Skeeter trailer problems - 04/14/16 01:08 PM

Originally Posted By: jiggmann
For some reason the breaks are blowing a fuse in my truck and they lock up when backing up. In addition to that when I back up in driveway I have to put a clamp on the tounge to keep it from sliding back locking the breaks up.anyone had this problem before? Possible solutions?

First of all, your trailer has BRAKES, not breaks! I agree with the others, you have a defective brake solenoid circuit.
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: Skeeter trailer problems - 04/14/16 01:36 PM

Check your wiring , mine works when it wants to , going to check all wiring frt. to rear .
Posted By: CVANN7119

Re: Skeeter trailer problems - 04/14/16 04:47 PM

If all wiring checks out good the solenoid could have a direct short internally.
Posted By: rattletrap

Re: Skeeter trailer problems - 04/14/16 06:39 PM

My Skeeter trailer was doing the same thing. Couldn't find a wiring problem. Turned out, it was the trailer plug adaptor, from 6 pins to five, that was shorted out. Changed that and it worked fine.
Posted By: TXBeerHunter

Re: Skeeter trailer problems - 04/14/16 06:52 PM

Originally Posted By: rattletrap
My Skeeter trailer was doing the same thing. Couldn't find a wiring problem. Turned out, it was the trailer plug adaptor, from 6 pins to five, that was shorted out. Changed that and it worked fine.

Mine did the same thing as above. Very quick and easy way to diagnose without having to crawl around underneath looking for a frayed/cut wire.
Posted By: Chuck A

Re: Skeeter trailer problems - 04/14/16 11:55 PM

EZ Loader trailers suck. Mine does anyway
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Skeeter trailer problems - 04/15/16 03:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Chuck A
EZ Loader trailers suck. Mine does anyway

Love my boat but gotta agree there
Posted By: 361V

Re: Skeeter trailer problems - 04/15/16 05:00 AM

High end boats on a low end trailer. Probably just a coincidence that my two friends with beautiful Skeeter boats both had their fiberglass fenders falling off their custom EZ Loader trailers.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum