Texas Fishing Forum

Fishin in the Rain

Posted By: ksalmon

Fishin in the Rain - 04/12/16 06:37 PM

What is the first thing you throw when it is raining?
Posted By: JD/76708

Re: Fishin in the Rain - 04/12/16 07:04 PM

Yellow Magic, bone color

Unless it is raining pretty hard....then it would be a dark colored chatterbait
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Fishin in the Rain - 04/12/16 07:08 PM

Jackall Binksy

A topwater! This little guy right is a big bass getter. I used to throw a Lobina Rico in the rain but I stumbled upon one of these bad dudes and the fun hasn't stopped yet! I don't know what it is about rain and topwaters, but the bass love the combination. This is not an ordinary popper though... it has a few different features than other poppers out there on the market. Those different features are a blade and prop. When you combine the popping action with the blade spinning and the prop gurgling, the bass go crazy. I think all of the noise and commotion help the fish key in on the bait, and that's important when it's raining really hard. Give this little guy a try, I know you'll have fun!
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Fishin in the Rain - 04/12/16 07:09 PM

My Halloween spinner bait, if it is storming.
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Fishin in the Rain - 04/12/16 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By: bigbass94
Jackall Binksy

A topwater! This little guy right is a big bass getter. I used to throw a Lobina Rico in the rain but I stumbled upon one of these bad dudes and the fun hasn't stopped yet! I don't know what it is about rain and topwaters, but the bass love the combination. This is not an ordinary popper though... it has a few different features than other poppers out there on the market. Those different features are a blade and prop. When you combine the popping action with the blade spinning and the prop gurgling, the bass go crazy. I think all of the noise and commotion help the fish key in on the bait, and that's important when it's raining really hard. Give this little guy a try, I know you'll have fun!
Shhhhhhhhh
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: Fishin in the Rain - 04/12/16 07:41 PM

Black Muskey Jitterbug....Kaabloooom !
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: Fishin in the Rain - 04/12/16 08:17 PM

Buzzbait or spinnerbait.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Fishin in the Rain - 04/13/16 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By: ksalmon
What is the first thing you throw when it is raining?

First thing I throw is a temper tantrum because the weather man said "no rain"!
Then I throw the bilge switch to high.
Then I continue throwing what I was before the rain.

Haha.
Posted By: jgf131/tx

Re: Fishin in the Rain - 04/13/16 12:40 AM

black buzzbait
Posted By: Ban-D

Re: Fishin in the Rain - 04/13/16 01:32 AM

One of my best days fishing was in the rain. It was sunny at first then rain came in with dark skies. I rolled up to a main lake point that had a big flat on it and threw a spook until the rain stopped. They shut off almost instantly but almost every cast I caught a fish. Quality fish as well as smaller fish.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum