Texas Fishing Forum

Power Pro Max Maxcuatro

Posted By: Ken A.

Power Pro Max Maxcuatro - 04/12/16 03:35 PM

Anybody tried this new line?

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Power_Pro_Maxcuatro_Spectra_Line_Moss_Green/descpage-PMXC.html

Says it's 25% smaller diameter than the original PP. I've had very good luck with regular PP and Super Slick too. But if it is truly 25% smaller with the same breaking strength I would like to try it.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Power Pro Max Maxcuatro - 04/12/16 03:46 PM

Careful with the smaller diameter braid, Ken. It's bad about knotting and looping around line guides in wind. I LOVE the new Seguar Smackdown Tournament Braid, but anything smaller than 65# gives me problems. It is super limp and smooth, though.
Posted By: Neal G

Re: Power Pro Max Maxcuatro - 04/12/16 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
Careful with the smaller diameter braid, Ken. It's bad about knotting and looping around line guides in wind. I LOVE the new Seguar Smackdown Tournament Braid, but anything smaller than 65# gives me problems. It is super limp and smooth, though.

My experiment this year with PP 832 50# has given me the exact problems you described above. I will be back to original Spider Wire soon unless someones suggests going in a different direction.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Power Pro Max Maxcuatro - 04/12/16 03:56 PM

I'll give it a try Chris. Thanks!

Headed back to CB this Thursday.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Power Pro Max Maxcuatro - 04/12/16 04:14 PM

I've been using the 65lb throwing my frogs and really like it.....smooth.
Posted By: JD/76708

Re: Power Pro Max Maxcuatro - 04/12/16 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.

I'll give it a try Chris. Thanks!

Headed back to CB this Thursday.

Catch you a 16+, Ken....going to try and meet y'all for lunch on Friday
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum