Texas Fishing Forum

West side of Ray Roberts

Posted By: B-Deuces

West side of Ray Roberts - 04/10/16 01:45 AM

Anyone caught fish there? Thinking about trying around 922 tomorrow
Posted By: B-Deuces

Re: West side of Ray Roberts - 04/10/16 03:05 AM

No body has any experience there? That makes me nervous!
Posted By: ZX 250

Re: West side of Ray Roberts - 04/10/16 04:13 AM

I like the west side of Ray Roberts just for the simple fact that it doesn't get as much fishing pressure as the east or that's what I like to tell myself anyway . There's plenty of fish on the west I bet you have a good day if you give it a try . Good luck .
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: West side of Ray Roberts - 04/10/16 03:29 PM

There's a West side to Roberts?...
Posted By: WAWI

Re: West side of Ray Roberts - 04/10/16 03:33 PM

Do you want to fish west side because you don't like trees or you don't like fish? The 31 hole is the only good spot on the lake anyway. Just go there.
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: West side of Ray Roberts - 04/10/16 11:40 PM

Pond creek. just sayin....
Posted By: Bruce's

Re: West side of Ray Roberts - 04/10/16 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Rudy Lackey
Pond creek.is closed just sayin....
helped you out
Posted By: 87Winner

Re: West side of Ray Roberts - 04/11/16 09:09 AM

Plenty of good fish on that side. There are still plenty of big trees and deep creeks. I haven't been past 922 much. Pond is where I launch 90% of the time even if I go to the NE side.
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: West side of Ray Roberts - 04/11/16 12:23 PM

Just go fish it, you will like it. There is plenty of fish on the west side, thats where I started fishing on Roberts back in the 90's when I bought my first boat. Just drop your trolling motor and start fishing, also check out the gravel pit area it holds a lot of fish north of the lone oak bridge, it is a rough trip to get past the 922 bridge there and if you don't have any experience in driving it I would be very careful but the water is probably very muddy coming from the Gainesville area. If the creek is clear enough to fish you can fish it all day and not get to the shallow end of it. One long river. good luck
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: West side of Ray Roberts - 04/11/16 12:50 PM

Stay off my side of the lake! I fish it by myself most days and I like it that way! grin
Posted By: buda13

Re: West side of Ray Roberts - 04/11/16 12:54 PM

Chris B and I fished the west side yesterday in the big winds, best 5 went 20 lbs with about 15 fish from 10am-3pm. Spinnerbaits and jigs were the ticket!
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: West side of Ray Roberts - 04/11/16 12:55 PM

BTW there are good fish on that side. Ray Roberts fish like rocks!
Posted By: DaggerDoc1

Re: West side of Ray Roberts - 04/11/16 04:53 PM

I found em on beds Saturday on the west side Saturday. They were liking the ned rig in shallow flooded grass. Good look
Posted By: 04champ

Re: West side of Ray Roberts - 04/11/16 06:37 PM

could you see them on beds?
Posted By: FSWITX

Re: West side of Ray Roberts - 04/11/16 06:52 PM

West arm has some really good places, their are several coves that may not look appealing above surface but the structure is their. Lots of areas to flip, several flats on the East bank of the West arm leading into coves. If your headed up to 922, careful, theirs several widow makers just below the surface. Good Luck fish
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: West side of Ray Roberts - 04/11/16 10:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Bruce's Guide Service
[quote=Rudy Lackey]Pond creek.is closed just sayin....
helped you out [/quote
North of Union hill creek.
Thanks Bruce !
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum