Texas Fishing Forum

Fork Today

Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Fork Today - 04/09/16 11:13 PM

How did everyone do? We fished with David Vance today. Tough bite but boated a few. Lost three good ones. One was pushing 8 pounds or so. Headed out again tomorrow.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Fork Today - 04/09/16 11:51 PM

Did you get a discount for being the reigning TFFOT tourney champ ?
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Fork Today - 04/10/16 12:15 AM

Had 3-4 bites but they were short-striking, one blow-up on a frog but no inhale and it didn't like my follow-up. Assume it was on a bed I couldn't see. Finally got one tiny baby before the rain hit. I have to be more local tomorrow, home early. So I'm hitting Texoma or RayBob, looking for smallies.
Posted By: BassColonel

Re: Fork Today - 04/10/16 01:35 AM

Water temp mid lake was 65 in the morning and got up to almost 67 in the afternoon which is not much different than 10 days ago when I was last here. Went back to where they were spawning on 30 March and couldn't find anything shallow. Starting clouding up around 9 am so I started throwing a frog and ended up with 4 for the morning. 2 were solid 4-5 lb fish on a black frog. Expecting a lot of wind in the morning...ughhh.
Posted By: 2111-15

Re: Fork Today - 04/10/16 02:26 AM

Fished daylight until about 4 when rain came, caught 1 slot and 1 under.Tough day for me.
Posted By: Rog

Re: Fork Today - 04/10/16 02:34 AM

Got tough for me this week my point bite disappeared. Had 15-20 1-6lbs last week, only 7 today and not sure I should count two of them. Found a chatterbait bite but could not hook up on several bites. They would hammer it and spit it almost at the same time it seemed but did manage 2 slots 4-5 lbs and 3 nice unders. The largest hammered it and came out of the water as I waked it past flooded willows
Posted By: Possumkingdomtackle

Re: Fork Today - 04/10/16 02:54 AM

I found out today that Fork is a lot like a amusement park for bass fisherman, all the good spots you have to wait in line for, it seemed everywhere I went today there was two boats in front of me and two behind.
Posted By: Evan O'Brien

Re: Fork Today - 04/10/16 04:48 AM

It was tough today from everyone I talked to... But they have to eat sometime!
Posted By: Flooringit

Re: Fork Today - 04/11/16 03:42 AM

We fished from 630 -3 caught 4 fish. Seen one on a bed but she'd push off everytime you got close. 3 were dinks and 1 was 7.05. I wasn't the one who caught it. So my day sucked.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum