Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Halbrook

Posted By: Patrol64

Lake Halbrook - 04/08/16 02:07 PM

Has anyone else been fishing at Lake Halbrook? I've been out there three time this week and have not caught anything. Usually I do pretty good there. Is it because the Jet ski and pleasure boats are started to show up?
Posted By: larry ford

Re: Lake Halbrook - 04/08/16 03:15 PM

I was there last Saturday and I threw everything I could think of but no fish, There was a Tourney going too so I saw this young gentleman fishing,I asked how many fish he had caught, he said he had a 5 fish limit with 5 1/2 lb Big Bass he showed me his Big fish, I told him I was just fishing for fun, so he told me to throw aa black blue tail worm Texas rig next to grass, so I was lucky and had some of those, I put one on and first cast caught a 3 1/2 Lb then after that started catching some fish ending up with 11 that day. Hope this helps.
Posted By: jade_bates06

Re: Lake Halbrook - 04/08/16 03:24 PM

Throw a Texas rigged junebug senko that's my bread and butter out there! Or flip the grass with a biffle bug or beaver! Stay on the north end.
Posted By: Greg Latta

Re: Lake Halbrook - 04/08/16 03:41 PM

That was me you saw. Glad I could help out! thumb

Re: Lake Halbrook - 04/08/16 04:31 PM

Thanks for the help

Re: Lake Halbrook - 04/08/16 04:46 PM

Not to change the subject but who do I contact about the Thursday night tournaments?
Posted By: dandeeks

Re: Lake Halbrook - 04/08/16 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By: larry ford
I was there last Saturday and I threw everything I could think of but no fish, There was a Tourney going too so I saw this young gentleman fishing,I asked how many fish he had caught, he said he had a 5 fish limit with 5 1/2 lb Big Bass he showed me his Big fish, I told him I was just fishing for fun, so he told me to throw aa black blue tail worm Texas rig next to grass, so I was lucky and had some of those, I put one on and first cast caught a 3 1/2 Lb then after that started catching some fish ending up with 11 that day. Hope this helps.

I like the fact that the tournament fisherman both 1) recognized you weren't competing against him and 2) helped you.
It's just fishing, and anyone who asks me for help will get some if I can. Treat others as you want to be treated type of thing.

good for you.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum