Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Texoma

Posted By: Wolfy07

Lake Texoma - 04/06/16 05:55 PM

I will be bass fishing Texoma for the next couple days and was looking for some pointers, this will be my first time bass fishing there. Does this lake fish like most other lakes right now? What type of cover/ structure do the smallies hang around this time of year?
Posted By: kirbydog

Re: Lake Texoma - 04/06/16 06:02 PM

Eisenhower St Pk is a good place to try.
Posted By: Basshole9

Re: Lake Texoma - 04/06/16 07:01 PM

All of the fish were washed away with the floods last year.
Posted By: kirbydog

Re: Lake Texoma - 04/06/16 08:08 PM

Thats the excuse you can use if you don't catch any.
Posted By: militarybrat

Re: Lake Texoma - 04/06/16 08:21 PM

The smallies hang in the rocks. Water temp between 55 and 65 degrees puts them on beds. Look for areas that have fist size rock that transitions to gravel. Above 65 look to points and bluffs smallies like quick drops into deep water. My favorite thing is to hunt big smallies 5lbs and up that said 3 pounders are awsome too. Shoot me a pm if ya need some areas got a few that should keep ya busy.
Posted By: SRitchey

Re: Lake Texoma - 04/07/16 12:58 AM

Caught them behind the boat houses Monday on wacky rigged green pumpkin/black flake Senko. One male guarding a bed I could actually see and the others were off the bank some just fan casting any brush that was around. Catch a lot smallies but all of these were LMB. Samllies may be done spawning. 62 degree water and the smallies will typically spawn before the LMB.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum