Texas Fishing Forum

Fork tomorrow

Posted By: firefighter196965

Fork tomorrow - 04/06/16 01:29 PM

Where would you recommend to take my son tomorrow on Fork. He is a young man who has become a great little fisherman and has been doing good this spring on shallow bedding fish. I used to fish a place called coffee creek marina in the east fork. Is that ramp still there? Open? Usable? I have also fished little caney in the back as well. Any input could make a trip of a lifetime for my son. Thanks
Posted By: Nutman

Re: Fork tomorrow - 04/06/16 01:31 PM

Have they taken the buoys out of "Chaney Branch" ?
if so there hasn't been any boats back there for a while.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Fork tomorrow - 04/06/16 01:47 PM

Sounds like you already know two of the better areas. Don't believe the Coffee Creek ramp is in use, anymore.
Posted By: HARD WORKN HAROLD

Re: Fork tomorrow - 04/06/16 01:55 PM

Plenty of boats have been in the back of Chaney, nothing on the floating sign says no entry, just go over the top of the buoys. The people that live back there come and go all the time. The ramp back there has been closed. Looks like what ever they sprayed killed alot of the other vegetation. Fished about an hour on Sunday, caught one dink. Didn't see any on beds, unusual for that cove.
Posted By: Nutman

Re: Fork tomorrow - 04/06/16 01:59 PM

I thought TP&W had restricted boat access to keep from taking the Giant S. out of thatrea to the rest of the lake ??????
why the buoys if they did not mean "no access" ???
sorry to hijack the thread.
Posted By: HARD WORKN HAROLD

Re: Fork tomorrow - 04/06/16 02:08 PM

If they meant no access, they sure didn't put anything up that said that. The sign just explains that the stuff is in there and precautions to take. I know the folks that live back there come and go, and I've seen plenty of people go over the floating bouys. Just for the heck of it, I'll call TPW here in minute to fing out.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Fork tomorrow - 04/06/16 02:09 PM

http://www.lsonews.com/12663-2/

Harold, this is what they sprayed. Dunno if they've done any treatments since February.
Posted By: firefighter196965

Re: Fork tomorrow - 04/06/16 08:49 PM

Is it safe to run to coffee creek area? From where is the closet ramp?
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Fork tomorrow - 04/06/16 08:59 PM

Originally Posted By: firefighter196965
Is it safe to run to coffee creek area? From where is the closet ramp?
Boat lane runs into Running Creek, you have to jump / idle through a strip of stumps and then know where to run to pick the lane up again to Coffee... Why isn't the ramp at 2966 in the back of coffee not open ? Some one said it was closed I believe...
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Fork tomorrow - 04/06/16 11:05 PM

Just use the ramp on 515 just before the FM 515 bridge going east
Posted By: snickers

Re: Fork tomorrow - 04/06/16 11:31 PM

I was in chaney yesterday 4 or 5 other boats as well. I did not see any on beds
Originally Posted By: Nutman
Have they taken the buoys out of "Chaney Branch" ?
if so there hasn't been any boats back there for a while.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum