Texas Fishing Forum

Anybody else a victim of mcgoys marine

Posted By: Chad Mulkey

Anybody else a victim of mcgoys marine - 04/04/16 04:50 PM

If you have a boat there, I have bad news about this scum bag. Also if you purchases and 01 triton tr 21 from them can you please pm me. Police need some info
Posted By: DedShort

Re: Anybody else a victim of mcgoys marine - 04/04/16 06:18 PM

Took me a while to get my money. Had to call several times and make a few threats.
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Anybody else a victim of mcgoys marine - 04/04/16 06:20 PM

So, what happened? Seems they took your boat and never paid up?
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Anybody else a victim of mcgoys marine - 04/04/16 07:09 PM

Were they supposed to sell it or was it there for repairs and was sold without your knowledge?

Re: Anybody else a victim of mcgoys marine - 04/04/16 07:35 PM

Sold it,never paid me. I never signed over any titles and now after filing a police report the investigator found out he is in jail after his 3rd dwi. No bond and facing minimum 5 years plus the 12 counts of theft and counting
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Anybody else a victim of mcgoys marine - 04/04/16 07:41 PM

They are a bad bunch. I had to go help a family member go get his boat back from those crooks.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Anybody else a victim of mcgoys marine - 04/04/16 07:43 PM

Go to their website and read their google reviews. Not good

Re: Anybody else a victim of mcgoys marine - 04/04/16 07:51 PM

Now they say it may take a year to retrieve my 17k
Posted By: backatit

Re: Anybody else a victim of mcgoys marine - 04/04/16 09:16 PM

Word is 5th DWI and some where between 200,000 and 250,000 worth of items sold and not paid off. bolt
Posted By: TwoLakes

Re: Anybody else a victim of mcgoys marine - 04/04/16 10:08 PM

Wow!! How do these folks stay in business and continue to rip people off?

I'm sorry for anyone that has been taken. It's happened to me before and it makes a person very leery and cautious for a LONG time.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Anybody else a victim of mcgoys marine - 04/04/16 10:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Chad Mulkey
Now they say it may take a year to retrieve my 17k

That's just not right, good luck Chad..
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Anybody else a victim of mcgoys marine - 04/04/16 11:07 PM

They had an awesome location and a great business idea. Obviously money corrupts and demons are demons but that business could have been incredibly successful. But over the last 15 years I never heard anything good about it
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: Anybody else a victim of mcgoys marine - 04/05/16 05:31 PM

they sold a boat for me years ago. the place felt a little shady, but i got my $ when they sold it. that was a long time ago, could have been different ownership at the time.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Anybody else a victim of mcgoys marine - 04/05/16 07:29 PM

Wow. That's awful. Sucks that you're going through this. There are some sorry people in this world.
Posted By: Ranger Z21

Re: Anybody else a victim of mcgoys marine - 04/05/16 11:53 PM

Chad I wish I would have known you were thinking of going there as I would have told you to stay away far away. Big time crooks.
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: Anybody else a victim of mcgoys marine - 04/06/16 12:31 AM

Shades of Anchor Marine...
Posted By: nb_one

Re: Anybody else a victim of mcgoys marine - 04/06/16 12:40 AM

Originally Posted By: elcoyote, esq.
Shades of Anchor Marine...

Ain't that the truth!
Posted By: Nutman

Re: Anybody else a victim of mcgoys marine - 04/06/16 11:40 AM

Originally Posted By: K.D.
They had an awesome location and a great business idea. Obviously money corrupts and demons are demons but that business could have been incredibly successful. But over the last 15 years I never heard anything good about it

I am not condoning this type of actions by anyone or any kind of business,,,,when you don't get what you paid for it is just wrong,,,,,, BUT
How could this place stay in business for the last "15" years ?
maybe it was not incredibly successful, but a 15 year run I think would be considered somewhat successful. How could they do that if they ripped off so many people ?
Posted By: SFAJACKS44

Re: Anybody else a victim of mcgoys marine - 04/06/16 03:38 PM

I got hit at Anchor Marine but from the other end... I bought a boat from them( great price and looking back I know why)and they never paid the guy that they sold it for. Owner posts on TFF " If you bought a Blue and White Skeeter from Anchor Marine" you are driving my boat, call me. I called and got the low down. Owner was very professional about it...Yes technically I was fishing out of a stolen boat... Worst part was my lawyer recommend I not take the boat out on the water till courts ruled... That was a long stinking wait... All good now but it got really frustrating and a little scary.
Posted By: DedShort

Re: Anybody else a victim of mcgoys marine - 04/06/16 05:27 PM

The place felt shady to me, too. I guess i just dodged the bullet.
Posted By: Anton99

Re: Anybody else a victim of mcgoys marine - 04/10/16 01:14 AM

Hey man, I'm in the same situation as you, except I'm down 40 grand on my loan. Police aren't doing squat to defend my rights here. In fact I feel like they're enjoying the whole situation. In my case, I know exactly who has my boat and where it is. My family's all at a crisis here. Keep in touch, if you get a breakthrough please let me know..
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Anybody else a victim of mcgoys marine - 04/10/16 01:32 AM

District Attorneys office can help with advise on best way to handle these. I had one a few years back where the guy wrote me a $11,000 check that didn't clear for a consignment boat they sold for me. One call from the DA to them and I had my money the next day.

In this case since the guy is already in jail there may not be a whole lot you can do.
Posted By: JBT84

Re: Anybody else a victim of mcgoys marine - 04/28/16 01:19 PM

http://www.lewisvilletexan.com/xoops/modules/news/article.php?storyid=4311

Because of the high number of victims or potential victims, LPD has announced that it will hold a town hall meeting Saturday, May 14 to better communicate with and assist victims. The meeting is at City Hall, 151 W. Church St., at 10 a.m.

LPD's property crimes team is working with officials from Texas Parks and Wildlife, and the District Attorney's office to conduct a question and answer session with all parties involved in any transactions at McGoy's - whether the person is a buyer or a seller.

The owner of McGoy's, Jesse Ray Keene, has been booked into Denton County Jail nine times on unrelated charges. He was last booked in the Denton County Jail on drunk driving charges on March 24. He remains in jail without bond.
Posted By: Lil' Louie

Re: Anybody else a victim of mcgoys marine - 04/28/16 01:24 PM

I was just fixing to post the link to the story..
Posted By: oncl0wd9

Re: Anybody else a victim of mcgoys marine - 05/19/16 03:53 AM

Yep! June 2014. Bought a boat on consignment there. I found out he never paid it off, after I did some digging of my own. I called some lawyers at the time, but I guess giving someone $24,000 was chump change to them, so they said it wasn't worth the time. It was resolved AFTER the owner and I busted him. Took a year to get the boat paid off and the title and trailer registered to me.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Anybody else a victim of mcgoys marine - 05/19/16 04:03 AM

Man what a POS company
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum