Texas Fishing Forum

Used Boats

Posted By: texasangler07

Used Boats - 04/04/16 04:11 AM

I'll be looking for a used boat in the upcoming months and I was curious where you guys look? I have been watching TTF, BBC, Craigslist, and Boattrader. Any other recommendations? Looking particularly at Skeeters
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Used Boats - 04/04/16 05:07 AM

There is a Skeeter Owners group on FaceBook, and boats are regularly for sale there. Same thing in a Texas Fishing Group on FaceBook.
Posted By: Monte Reagan

Re: Used Boats - 04/04/16 12:07 PM

You can got to www.funnsunboats.com and shop our pre-owned inventory. Also we are making trades everyday so you might call to check what might has not made the Internet.
Monte Reagan
Fun-n-Sun Boats
817-280-0303
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Used Boats - 04/04/16 12:20 PM

Boat trader is best IMO.
Posted By: MIKE SANDERS

Re: Used Boats - 04/04/16 01:06 PM

Bass Cat Boats has a for sale page.Go to www.Basscat.com
Posted By: monster fish

Re: Used Boats - 04/04/16 01:11 PM

i will be selling my skeeter in a few months 2012 fx21
Posted By: plasma800

Re: Used Boats - 04/04/16 03:19 PM

I can share one thing, check the trailer CAREFULLY.

The rolled steel trailers rust, so you must crawl under the trailer and check the underside of all members for rust and cracking. The weight of the boat on top of a rusted cross member will start to crack the bottom of the cross member. When that happens you just bought yourself a new 4500 dollar trailer. Ask me how I know boxing

I have found this website, BBC, and craigslist to be some of the best resources to find boats for sale... but you now get to play the "photo" game.

When I was buying my boat, I found out quickly that a lot of folks photos (especially on craigslist) were... hmm creative... I found some were taken the day they bought the boat, I drive five hours to find a hulk of junk on a trailer with flat tires and covered in leaves. Oh my gosh, I gave one of them a serious piece of my mind over it.

SO ASK on the phone, "when were these photos taken?"

Let me ask you this too, have you got money burning a hole in your pocket and you want something recent? Or are you going for the "lighter on the pockets" model? I chose the later, even though I could have gone out and bought a brand new boat, I decided to go the 12k route - and there are some EXCELLENT boats that get ignored a lot out there in that price range... like the pro-crafts, and the Allison's, and the earlier pantera II's, and the champions, and the stratos, and the Astro's, and the Cobras.
Posted By: Champion 2005

Re: Used Boats - 04/05/16 05:33 PM

Iboat.com I found my boat there and if you look outside the state you can find some good deals
Posted By: Texascajun69

Re: Used Boats - 04/05/16 07:04 PM

In a couple of months I will be selling a 1995 Astro 20 DC with a 96 200 Merc. I am taking the boat to have a crack in the bottom repaired and then will have the engine checked out. The boat is fishable like it is, but I want to make sure it is sound before I sell it to anyone. Check back in about a month if you are still looking
Posted By: SRitchey

Re: Used Boats - 04/05/16 08:49 PM

Pretty good site here: southeasttexas.com
Posted By: Panhandle

Re: Used Boats - 04/05/16 08:53 PM

I see on Jay Kumar's Bass Blaster that Gary Klein is selling his Triton.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum