Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing south of the southern bridge on Joe Pool

Posted By: JkWho

Fishing south of the southern bridge on Joe Pool - 04/03/16 11:38 PM

I rarely see boats south of the bridge, are there fish south of the bridge??
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Fishing south of the southern bridge on Joe Pool - 04/04/16 12:47 AM

Oh yeh. More than anywhere else in the lake. I guess that the stumps that are two inches under the surface keep most out of the area. roflmao

Re: Fishing south of the southern bridge on Joe Pool - 04/04/16 12:49 AM

We marked one on our GPS yesterday that literally was visible before the wind picked up....barely....and totally hidden with the slightest waves. It's in an area that 99% go through...ON PAD HAULIN AZZ...leaving and entering the Lloyd park ramp. Be careful.

Re: Fishing south of the southern bridge on Joe Pool - 04/04/16 12:51 AM

Been a while since the "Pool" was at "pool". Not over. Some of these will start to claim a few nice boats.

Re: Fishing south of the southern bridge on Joe Pool - 04/04/16 01:20 AM

Thanks Steez, I had a feeling you would chime in. I was back there today looking for baitfish but couldnt find anything in the creeks...

Seems like the lake is dropping quite a bit, they have to be going somewhere
Posted By: Slade

Re: Fishing south of the southern bridge on Joe Pool - 04/04/16 01:26 AM

Do you mean the west arm or the east arm? I have had success south of the bridge on the west arm, I went south of the bridge on the east arm today but I don't know it well enough to do anything but idle, I went back there quite a ways, but I didn't like the few areas I saw and everything south of the bridge is real muddy.

Since the party boats are out in full force now, I may need to go down there more often.

I did see three bass boats in the span of about 2 mins stay on plane on go under the bridge. Idiots.

Re: Fishing south of the southern bridge on Joe Pool - 04/04/16 01:29 AM

I would say the far east side...Sorry for the confusion.

Re: Fishing south of the southern bridge on Joe Pool - 04/04/16 01:37 AM

Sounds like both areas (east and west) are about the same when it comes to hidden grenades...
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Fishing south of the southern bridge on Joe Pool - 04/04/16 02:13 AM

It's about "fool" pool now.they are out in full force.Walnut can be good,I've heard. Never really put the time in on the other bridge side.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Fishing south of the southern bridge on Joe Pool - 04/04/16 03:30 AM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
We marked one on our GPS yesterday that literally was visible before the wind picked up....barely....and totally hidden with the slightest waves. It's in an area that 99% go through...ON PAD HAULIN AZZ...leaving and entering the Lloyd park ramp. Be careful.

Been driving that area for 2 years and never saw it until about 6 months ago. Can't believe that I never hit it. Marked it too for one of those foggy days.
Posted By: JoeyC

Re: Fishing south of the southern bridge on Joe Pool - 04/04/16 02:51 PM

Originally Posted By: bradnitro175
It's about "fool" pool now.they are out in full force.Walnut can be good,I've heard. Never really put the time in on the other bridge side.

Was fishing a point yesterday. Guy pulls up pretty close but I thought he was just going to start where I was and fish away. Nope. He drops the trolling motor and goes straight over my line between me and the point. Maybe 20 yards. Didn't even acknowledge that I was there. That was first time. Happened 2 mores times throughout the day with different boaters.
Posted By: Fishingking

Re: Fishing south of the southern bridge on Joe Pool - 04/04/16 03:00 PM

Went down there Sunday and it is still too off color for my taste. Catching fish on major points on a CR Fluke.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Fishing south of the southern bridge on Joe Pool - 04/04/16 03:06 PM

Upper east arm above the the Lake Ridge Parkway bridge? Lots of water up there. That's where Mountain Creek comes in. Used to be able to put in at Britton Park and then you were already "way up the creek". Closed last time I looked. That arm also used to have a boat lane clearly marked with buoys but DO NOT trust the buoys you see. They have not been maintained in years and there is a lot more timber south of the Lake Ridge Parkway bridge than you see.
Posted By: James P.

Re: Fishing south of the southern bridge on Joe Pool - 04/04/16 04:26 PM

Britton ramp is open you can run all the way to ramp if you know the run. But as stated above don't trust the buoys
Posted By: BigCaseyB206

Re: Fishing south of the southern bridge on Joe Pool - 04/05/16 02:25 AM

I went up in there Sunday morning - I was the only boat in the area. Water like chocolate milk and couldn't mark a single fish
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum