Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance HDS 9 and HDS 7 not sharing waypoints.

Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Lowrance HDS 9 and HDS 7 not sharing waypoints. - 04/03/16 08:05 PM

I had my 7 on the console and an older Lowrance unit on the bow. They were networked with nmea 2000 and shared waypoints. Bought a HDS 9 touch for console and moved HDS 7 to bow. They are hooked up with nmea 2000 but they are not sharing waypoints. Anyone help me? I thought they had been set but something isn't working.

Re: Lowrance HDS 9 and HDS 7 not sharing waypoints. - 04/03/16 09:41 PM

I did a soft reset on both units. nmea 2000 cords are plugged in to each other. I went to settings and made sure they send and receive waypoints were turned on. Still not sharing.
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: Lowrance HDS 9 and HDS 7 not sharing waypoints. - 04/03/16 11:08 PM

Have you made sure your NEMA is powered up?
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Lowrance HDS 9 and HDS 7 not sharing waypoints. - 04/03/16 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Good call, the old graphs used to power the nmea network. With the new graphs installed you have to have a seperate power line to it.

Also nmea will only share wypts when each graph is on, Ethernet will share them automatally anytime. Enet is a much better network cable.

Re: Lowrance HDS 9 and HDS 7 not sharing waypoints. - 04/03/16 11:52 PM

Originally Posted By: grout-scout
Originally Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Good call, the old graphs used to power the nmea network. With the new graphs installed you have to have a seperate power line to it.

Also nmea will only share wypts when each graph is on, Ethernet will share them automatally anytime. Enet is a much better network cable.

I'm pretty sure it has a power line, it worked before I changed out the one graph.
Posted By: BCBPuma

Re: Lowrance HDS 9 and HDS 7 not sharing waypoints. - 04/04/16 01:49 AM

If you can get an Ethernet cable go that route and you won't look back at NEMA. I have the same setup and it's great.
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Lowrance HDS 9 and HDS 7 not sharing waypoints. - 04/04/16 02:07 AM

I have mine networked w/ NMEA and ethernet. Ethernet shared the waypoints just fine before I added the NMEA network.
Posted By: plasma800

Re: Lowrance HDS 9 and HDS 7 not sharing waypoints. - 04/04/16 03:31 PM

mine stopped sharing waypoints, but I know my nmea is working cause my pinpoint is still up to trolling motor.
Posted By: keithfishing0

Re: Lowrance HDS 9 and HDS 7 not sharing waypoints. - 04/04/16 08:25 PM

The Ethernet cable is for the Communication of Multiple units like weigh points and mapping and the 2000 is for adding items into the line like sonic hub more temps unit speedo and stuff like that .
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum