Texas Fishing Forum

BFL Today.

Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

BFL Today. - 04/03/16 02:36 AM

Roll call for who else had a fun run. I made it to check in at 3:29:45. Where's them magical "I've never gotten wet" boats? bannana2 de
Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: BFL Today. - 04/03/16 11:39 AM

Going out wasn't too bad, I put the big bird on top and let her run. On the way back I remembered why I quit tournament fishing at one time.

In stead of using the live well pump out to fill my weigh bag, I just bent over and let a wave come over the back of the boat and filled it up. It was crazy with all the waves coming over the back of the boats at weight in while we were lined up on the bank

Re: BFL Today. - 04/03/16 01:28 PM

Going out was easy. The ride back is what got me. Especially when you are running late. Hahahahah
Posted By: TallBaldCypress

Re: BFL Today. - 04/03/16 03:43 PM

Tough day for me. Days like yesterday leave me feeling pretty discouraged. It's my first year as a boater and trying to control my boat, with the wind, all up in the bushes took its toll on me. Def. not my style of fishing.

Re: BFL Today. - 04/03/16 08:31 PM

I hope we have good weather for the next one on Toledo. Not sure I have another one like that in me ha ha !
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: BFL Today. - 04/04/16 12:32 AM

I made the decision to give the co side a try this year. I missed the first one on Toledo, but the last two on Rayburn have been fun for me as a backseater, had two great boaters.

If that ride in was what ya'll call fun, I will pass on the next one!!

Looking forward to Toledo.

Re: BFL Today. - 04/04/16 12:40 AM

Wasn't that bad if I had plenty of time. Bahahaha I have to say. The BASSCAT did exactly what I wanted her to. Felt sorts like John crews. coolio
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: BFL Today. - 04/04/16 12:42 AM

I take it that you guys had a typical Texas spring weather kinda day? ..... Haha.

Re: BFL Today. - 04/04/16 12:52 AM

Eh. Normally it's a bad south wind. Not North West....
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: BFL Today. - 04/04/16 12:53 AM

Wind from the west....fishin is best?! Yes!? No? Haha.

Re: BFL Today. - 04/04/16 03:49 AM

Wind seemed to shift a little more to the Northwest around noon as it picked up. At least that's what it seemed like.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: BFL Today. - 04/04/16 03:55 AM

Easy fix....just catch your fish earlier and take it easy coming in haha

Re: BFL Today. - 04/04/16 04:06 AM

Jaret,

I don't know for the life of me why I didn't think of that !!! Next tournament, thats the plan.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: BFL Today. - 04/04/16 04:07 AM

Ha-ha!

Re: BFL Today. - 04/04/16 04:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
Easy fix....just catch your fish earlier and take it easy coming in haha

I knew I was forgetting something. Lol. I sucked it up out there. Should have fished the bushes I guess. Maybe a picnic table or two.

Re: BFL Today. - 04/04/16 11:03 AM

I didn't set the world on fire either, I only weighted 4 fish and they were just keepers. I missed a good fish on a swim bait around noon. I didn't catch my 4th keeper until less then an hr before we had to head back to weigh in.

I saw a picnic table with some brush around it and thought about fishing it. But my Co-Angler was in ninth place starting the tournament. He probably caught over 20 fish and only one keeper. He caught so many small fish I quit turning around to see what he caught. If I would have pulled up to a picnic table he may have water boarded himself!! ha ha.

The Co Angler I had was a really nice guy and could fish too.

Draw tournaments are fun to fish when you get a good guy to fish with and most are really good guys.

As bad as I sucked and wind blew, it beat watching NASCAR and I really like NASCAR.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum