Texas Fishing Forum

First time on Fork, HELP!

Posted By: Possumkingdomtackle

First time on Fork, HELP! - 04/01/16 03:46 PM

My wife and I are going to fork for the first time next Friday and I am looking for some advice on where to launch and some general advice on how to fish while we are there, we are staying in Yantis and I would like to launch fairly close by and have some good areas close to the ramp to fish to avoid having to run the lake to much, I know there is a million and 1 lake Fork threads but any fishing advice would be greatly appreciated, also if there isn't any good ramps in that area I would be willing to travel a little ways to get in a better area. Thanks in advance!
Posted By: musiclife_7

Re: First time on Fork, HELP! - 04/01/16 03:54 PM

154 ramp or Oak Ridge. Both nice and clean. Oak Ridge has solid food as well.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: First time on Fork, HELP! - 04/01/16 03:54 PM

You can take Hwy 154 south out of Yantis about two miles. You will come to a four way stop [515 Hwy]. You will take a left or go east about a mile to the 515 east Public ramp. You can put in there go back under 515 east bridge. You will need to get next to the buoys and bare to the left, this will take you into Glade one of the big spawning coves and fish about any of the back shallow water. I would then go back south on boat run and hit any of the coves on your left as you go south till you fine which one as fish on the day you are fishing. I will tell you if you do not know the lake then run in boat lanes only and idle the rest of the time. You can keep going south till you get to a cove that has fish. Good Luck
Posted By: RonL

Re: First time on Fork, HELP! - 04/01/16 03:58 PM

If your in Yantis you can go south on 154 to 515 and turn east or west and cross two major branches of Fork . They have boat launches close to the bridges at 515 . Been awhile since I have been across there (couple yrs) but they should accommodate all your needs .
Posted By: Jaguar6

Re: First time on Fork, HELP! - 04/01/16 04:40 PM

Both ramps at 515 (West and East) are good ramps. Not much light at dark though. Oak ridge is a good ramp as well. Like stated above, I wouldn't run outside of the boat lanes since you have never been there. Hug the buoys and let her rip. Good luck! They got quite a bit of rain the other day but should still be good fishin!
Posted By: Clark3

Re: First time on Fork, HELP! - 04/02/16 12:52 AM

154 public ramp. Lots of good fishing areas around, solid boat lane all way1.5 miles north and it runs way south as well. I would put in at 154 and head north passed 515 and pick a cove were catching a lot of fish that way
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum