Texas Fishing Forum

Any current Lake fork reports

Posted By: CubbyObrien

Any current Lake fork reports - 03/31/16 07:36 PM

I am headed to fork the 3rd-5th with a buddy to hopefully get our arms broke on some fatties. Anyone have or can point me to a good current lake fork report. I dont want your spot, just water temps and depths they are at right now. I am hopin that the big girls are sitting on beds but either way, i am going to have fun!

If you are down there the same days i am, lets hook up for a cold beer
Posted By: BassColonel

Re: Any current Lake fork reports - 03/31/16 07:42 PM

Yesterday there were lots of fish very shallow. Water temp was 64 degrees at sunrise in the areas we fished. I'm back at work now but definitely wish I could be there over the next few days because I think it is going to be great fishing!

Re: Any current Lake fork reports - 03/31/16 07:44 PM

Thnx BassColonel! i was hopin they were shallow,,,,,wanting to do a bit of sight fishing if we can
Posted By: KB1953

Re: Any current Lake fork reports - 03/31/16 09:03 PM

Lake Fork is on fire! flame
Posted By: ironmike

Re: Any current Lake fork reports - 04/01/16 12:35 AM

If the wind isn't killing it, go to Glade and stay shallow. The northeast bank is hard to beat. We've fished there all year with swimbaits and weighted senkos. Good luck.

Re: Any current Lake fork reports - 04/01/16 02:21 PM

thnx guys
Posted By: plnwtf

Re: Any current Lake fork reports - 04/03/16 01:10 AM

Ive been here since March 8th. Fishing has been challenging. Caught a lot of fish up shallow throwing at the base of the buck brush or past the base in the pockets. Using a weightless crawdude or a split shot rig with a fluke. Many many many very small bass-dinks. Wife did pull in a 7-10 the second day we were here in Northwest bay but thats been the biggest so far.
Fish have been pushed off the beds in a lot of places with the cold fronts, big winds, rain and the dam being open for about 3-4 days during the rains. Birch is muddy as is north of the Rainswood launch ramp. . These bluebird days have been killing the bite. Guides now catching fish off the main lake points throwing a carolina rigs. One guide I know caught 14 today. Before this they were reporting very low catch numbers.
We are here one more week. Hopefully it gets better. Tomorrow we are heading to Monticello. Water is back up after they dropped it 2.5 feet a couple of weeks ago.
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Any current Lake fork reports - 04/03/16 01:40 AM

Today about 55 boats fished the free Gambler tournament and the winning weight was five fish for about 5 something.
Most didn't have limits and a lot of skunks happened.

Stay shallow and go for the big slots lower lake areas and Glade.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum