Texas Fishing Forum

Boats...it comes down to customer service

Posted By: Creekhead

Boats...it comes down to customer service - 03/31/16 04:31 AM

For all of you who have bought or plan on buying a new high end bass boat, do you agree it all comes down to customer service? I am sure some will have strong opinions on this post but, at the end of the day (or year) can you count on our dealer or OEM? Personally I bought a Triton 21TRX with a 250 Mercury and I couldn't be more happy with the customer service starting from Earl on down. Would like to hear some opinions...
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: Boats...it comes down to customer service - 03/31/16 04:44 AM

Proof is in the puddin. Bass Cat has the JD Powers trophies. However, your dealer can mean the most to you.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Boats...it comes down to customer service - 03/31/16 12:27 PM

Interesting. We bought a 1997 Triton new and still own it and have never needed any customer service. Glad to hear they're taking good care of folks though.
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Boats...it comes down to customer service - 03/31/16 12:35 PM

There are so many horror stories out there about warranty/repair issues that "yes", customer service is a very important aspect when your fixing to plop down a years wages for a boat. I think boat manufacturers are realizing that if they don't back up their product then before long they wont' have a product to back up.
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: Boats...it comes down to customer service - 03/31/16 12:37 PM

I'm with patriot07. I like boats that don't need customer service.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Boats...it comes down to customer service - 03/31/16 12:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Huckleberry
I'm with patriot07. I like boats that don't need customer service.

Same here.........
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Boats...it comes down to customer service - 03/31/16 01:02 PM

I will give you some customer service, Triton has recalled some 250 2014 boats because of a hull problem, my boat is perfect but they are replacing it anyway, they are going to install all of your electronics, motors, whatever you have on your old boat will go onto your 2017 boat, pretty awesome of them to do that. So customer service is very important and having a great dealer is also very important, mine quit handling bass boats so I am looking for a new one, I was actually going to change brands until this deal came up because no dealer real close.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Boats...it comes down to customer service - 03/31/16 01:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Creekhead
For all of you who have bought or plan on buying a new high end bass boat, do you agree it all comes down to customer service? I am sure some will have strong opinions on this post but, at the end of the day (or year) can you count on our dealer or OEM? Personally I bought a Triton 21TRX with a 250 Mercury and I couldn't be more happy with the customer service starting from Earl on down. Would like to hear some opinions...

What year model ? All 2014 and some 2015 are being recalled.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum