Texas Fishing Forum

Gander Mountain ?!?

Posted By: JAlderson

Gander Mountain ?!? - 03/31/16 02:19 AM

Can anyone tell me who makes Gander Mountains current rods and reels. They had a Tournament series rod that I actually thought was pretty good for the price . Thanks guys!
Posted By: Bruiser Rods

Re: Gander Mountain ?!? - 03/31/16 03:01 PM

Not sure how much truth there is to it but when i was talking with a Gander mountain employee he said the blanks on their rods came from the same blank manufacturer as 13 Fishing.
Posted By: 9094

Re: Gander Mountain ?!? - 03/31/16 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Bruiser Rods
Not sure how much truth there is to it but when i was talking with a Gander mountain employee he said the blanks on their rods came from the same blank manufacturer as 13 Fishing.

Unless he was the buyer for the import rod category he would not know where they come from. There are a ton of makers in china and they shop for the best price on their specs.
Academy and the other big box stores are the same.
Posted By: JAlderson

Re: Gander Mountain ?!? - 03/31/16 04:55 PM

What about their reels? Is it still all the same just over seas cluster where you dont know?
Posted By: timwins31

Re: Gander Mountain ?!? - 03/31/16 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Bruiser Rods

He was blatantly lying to you or he was very confused. They use some cheap blanks that are a dime a dozen. I've fooled around with a few or their store brand rods and I was very unimpressed. They're all really soft, 13 Omen Black rods tend to run stiff. There's no comparison between the two.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum