Texas Fishing Forum

Fayette, OH Ivie, or Bastrop?

Posted By: hyphy650

Fayette, OH Ivie, or Bastrop? - 03/31/16 12:51 AM

I don't get to fish much anymore and I am trying plan a fishing trip. Which lake would you fish if you had just a weekend? Thanks for any input.
Posted By: Blackcoal

Re: Fayette, OH Ivie, or Bastrop? - 03/31/16 01:28 AM

Fished Fayette last Saturday morning...Great morning for me! Had 6 fish from 2 lbs to 4 lbs and 1 for 6.31 lbs. all before 10am. Wished i had had more time but had family Easter obligations.

Best of luck wherever you go!
Posted By: SuperSpookJr

Re: Fayette, OH Ivie, or Bastrop? - 03/31/16 02:01 AM

I fish Fayette and Bastrop quite a bit. Both are great lakes at producing bass, but I'd give the nod to Fayette if I had to choose between the two. The bass are bigger at Fayette. Fight harder, too.

-SSJr
Posted By: ShallowWaterKing

Re: Fayette, OH Ivie, or Bastrop? - 03/31/16 03:38 AM

Ivie is throwing studs as of past 4 days...I seen em all over Facebook..wish I could get over there being 40 min from it but work calls.
Posted By: ShallowWaterKing

Re: Fayette, OH Ivie, or Bastrop? - 03/31/16 03:40 AM

Fish on Ivie other than falcon most aggressive fish in Texas been to many many lakes but When it's on at Ivie it's a different ball game. Had 39 lb limit there last year and the next day 1 fish for 2 lbs.
Posted By: Tristin Riddle

Re: Fayette, OH Ivie, or Bastrop? - 03/31/16 03:41 AM

Ivie if you want a shot at the fish of a lifetime.
Posted By: C.J

Re: Fayette, OH Ivie, or Bastrop? - 03/31/16 05:12 AM

Go to Ivie
Posted By: timwins31

Re: Fayette, OH Ivie, or Bastrop? - 03/31/16 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By: ShallowWaterKing
Fish on Ivie other than falcon most aggressive fish in Texas been to many many lakes but When it's on at Ivie it's a different ball game. Had 39 lb limit there last year and the next day 1 fish for 2 lbs.

It's those west Texas fish, honestly. The ones in Twin Buttes and even in Spring Creek feeding it fight like there's no tomorrow. Highly aggressive in the warm months, you can catch them on almost anything if they're feeding.
Posted By: KingwoodCat

Re: Fayette, OH Ivie, or Bastrop? - 03/31/16 01:34 PM

Originally Posted By: hyphy650
I don't get to fish much anymore and I am trying plan a fishing trip. Which lake would you fish if you had just a weekend? Thanks for any input.

If you are staying near the lake, I would highly recommend Fayette. Bastrop is nice, and you will probably catch similar numbers, but the size won't be the same as Fayette. I personally think Fayette is easier to fish too. Never fished Ivie
Posted By: hyphy650

Re: Fayette, OH Ivie, or Bastrop? - 03/31/16 02:03 PM

Thanks for all your help! I always loved Fayette but Ivie is so tempting because of the possible double digit bass. I just never fished there before. I will keep you all updated where ever we end up smile
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum