Texas Fishing Forum

Austin area guys (need your help)

Posted By: bassman31783

Austin area guys (need your help) - 03/30/16 03:38 PM

I live here in north DFW but I work out of Austin. I play full time for a Texas country singer and sometimes I have a day off (like this Friday). I need help with a few areas to bank fish. I obviously won't have my full compliment of setups, gear, tackle, boat, etc... just a collapsible spinning set up and small tackle bag that I throw under the bus. I just need to know where are some good places to fish so I can get my fix. Little help is much appreciated.

Jeff
Posted By: jamesmc454

Re: Austin area guys (need your help) - 03/30/16 04:48 PM

Lady Bird Lake! walk the jogging trail. Should be a few still on beds. and fish all the laydowns you see with a senko.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Austin area guys (need your help) - 03/30/16 05:38 PM

Definitely Lady Bird Lake. It's on fire right now! If you can swing it and he's available, hire Charles Whited (Barefootfishingtours.com) as a guide for a day. He's had some monster bags out there lately and he can definitely put you on fish. You could catch the fish of a lifetime there right now.
Posted By: SuperSpookJr

Re: Austin area guys (need your help) - 03/30/16 11:10 PM

Yep, Ladybird if you're stuck on the bank. Expect to have some company, though. Between the joggers, rowers, and recreational kayak/canoeists, that BOW gets hammered.

-SSJr
Posted By: bassman31783

Re: Austin area guys (need your help) - 03/31/16 03:22 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. Looks like I'll be beating the banks of Lady Bird tomorrow. Ha.
Posted By: InTheClear

Re: Austin area guys (need your help) - 03/31/16 03:28 PM

Walk down the San Marcos River bank, all to yourself!
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Austin area guys (need your help) - 03/31/16 04:46 PM

Originally Posted By: bassman31783
Thanks for the replies guys. Looks like I'll be beating the banks of Lady Bird tomorrow. Ha.

Be sure to throw a watermelon red senko.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum