Texas Fishing Forum

Opinions on a new Legend V21

Posted By: Russell Olds

Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/29/16 11:57 PM

Looking to buy a new boat and shopping lots of different boat brands. I currently own a Ranger. I would like some feedback on the new wide deck Legends. I haven't ridden in one but like them so far at the dealership. I am looking for some guidance and opinions by those who have fished out of one or own one.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/30/16 12:53 AM

You might look at the Phoenix if you like that type of hull. I know nothing of either brand
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/30/16 12:59 AM

Do a search on the new v series. I've read and heard they are having a few issues with cracking right now. I know the early v20s had holeshot issues but I believe that may be fixed now. They are dang good looking boats but a lot of hear say is they put them into production to fast. Of course that's just what I've researched. I don't have one.
Posted By: KB1953

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/30/16 01:05 AM

He asked for feedback on a Legend, not another Phoenix rant please.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/30/16 01:25 AM

I know they are damn good looking
Posted By: Fork-LegendV21

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/30/16 01:36 AM

They are huge... My buddy just ordered one and if it rides anything like my Alpha 211 I'm probably going to buy one myself... I love the deck space and storage and of course the looks!
Posted By: KB1953

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/30/16 01:36 AM

Contact Randy at Legend Boat, he is the owner and he will hook you up and answer all your questions, great dude and will do whatever it takes to make you happy and keep your business! thumb

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/30/16 01:39 AM

Also, if you plan on fishing the Legends tournament this year at Fork... You will be able to test drive one to
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/30/16 01:44 AM

Legend makes a good looking rig.
Posted By: Dax Davis

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/30/16 03:05 AM

The new V20 an V21 legends are awsome boat's there is no issues with the hole shots anymore that had been fixed. Also there is not any problems with cracking. Go see Billy Sartin at lake fork at sartin marine he will take good care of you!
Posted By: bholladay

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/30/16 03:28 AM

Love my Alpha 211 but V series will probably be my next boat. I have been in 1 - V20...Storage and deck space is way better than my Alpha.
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/30/16 03:31 AM

I bought a V-20 with a Mercury 250 pro XS last April from Billy Sartin at Sartin Marine.
After they rigged the dual 10' blades and when I loaded it down with tackle, gear and a full tournament load it had a tendency to try and porpoise when I got on plane and then backed off and tried to cruise at low speeds. If I would go ahead and stay in the throttle it would not do it.
It originally had a 10" manual jack plate on it. Randy Qualls (the owner of Legend Boats) picked it up and took it to the factory on a Tuesday and I had it back the following Saturday. They put a 15" Hydro-Dynamics jack plate with a hole shot plate on the bottom. Problem was fixed.
I love the attention to detail that Legend puts into their boats and the huge amount of storage these things have. I broke it in at Rayburn and got in some 20+ mph wind that kicked the waves up pretty good. The boat handles good in rough water and will keep you dry.
My trailer has to go back to EZ Loader because of a loose bolt on my wheel hubs caused a vibration and shook the fenders so much the welds broke loose but there again Randy is going to bring me another trailer to use and take mine back to AR and have it fixed.
I understand that things happen so I have no problem as long as the Dealer and Manufacturer take care of you.
I'll be glad to take you out and let you run mine if you get around Lake Fork.
When you get ready to purchase go see Billy, you'll be glad you did.
Posted By: pinesjunkie

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/30/16 03:34 AM

I will tell yea a guy park his v20 right beside my z9 today at the ramp and it look like I could park my boat on his front deck its so big lol. He was playing with props and said he love the boat in the big waves we where running in on Grand lake wind was blowing 25 plus.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/30/16 11:17 AM

I have a buddy that has a 211 he bought from Billy at Sartin marine. He has never had a problem with it and it fishes good. I believe if the V-21 is anything like the ride in the 211 you will love the boat. Billy will take care of you to. good luck
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/30/16 12:15 PM

I have a 2011 Alpha 211 that has been an awesome boat. Mine is the year before they widened the front deck so it has been criticized for have a small front deck. Hasn't been a problem for me but it is a little cozy up front when there are two up front with a bunch of rods laying on the deck.

I have not been in a V20 or V21 yet but they look awesome. The V20 appears to have the largest square footage of front deck space of all the bass rigs at 52.8 sq ft.

The V21 has even more at 55.9 sq ft. It is truly massive.

If it is attention to detail that you are looking for and outstanding customer support, Legend sets the bar. There are a lot of good boats on the market today. I would tell you to open the compartments and stick your head down inside them and really take a close look.
Posted By: Dean Coleman

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/30/16 02:15 PM

Looked over the V20/21 at the Houston Boat show...impressed with the fit and finish of the rigs. Huge decks and well laid out storage...nothing not to like really.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/30/16 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Petrucci
Looked over the V20/21 at the Houston Boat show...impressed with the fit and finish of the rigs. Huge decks and well laid out storage...nothing not to like really.

I have to agree with you on the boat, but I assume by your comment they didn't have the price on that boat in Houston, but that could go with any new brand boat in the 21' class LOL
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/30/16 04:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.
I have a 2011 Alpha 211 that has been an awesome boat. Mine is the year before they widened the front deck so it has been criticized for have a small front deck. Hasn't been a problem for me but it is a little cozy up front when there are two up front with a bunch of rods laying on the deck.

I have not been in a V20 or V21 yet but they look awesome. The V20 appears to have the largest square footage of front deck space of all the bass rigs at 52.8 sq ft.

The V21 has even more at 55.9 sq ft. It is truly massive.

If it is attention to detail that you are looking for and outstanding customer support, Legend sets the bar. There are a lot of good boats on the market today. I would tell you to open the compartments and stick your head down inside them and really take a close look.

This
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/30/16 06:24 PM

I am in a 2016 V20 from a Skeeter FX20(4) and a Champion 206 before the Skeeters....so far I love the boat. The fit, finish and attention to detail compared to any other brand I have owned is amazing. I do not have any hole shot issues and I am currently running an atlas 12" plate. The boat handles a lot like my CHampion did if not better in the rough water it has been in so far on Rayburn and Toledo Bend. I deal with Phillip Crelia at Hometown Marine and could not of been happier during the whole buying process. The front storage of the boat could be my favorite thing about it as well as it is easy to fish 2 adults side by side at the trolling motor pedal if wanted. Legend also told me that in the future, if I plan to run the Bass Boat Technologies dual graph mount, that they will move gauges around on the dash so that none are blocked. I did not tell them or know that for my 2016, but from previous experiences with other brands something like that would of never been an option.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/30/16 06:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Russell Olds
Looking to buy a new boat and shopping lots of different boat brands. I currently own a Ranger. I would like some feedback on the new wide deck Legends. I haven't ridden in one but like them so far at the dealership. I am looking for some guidance and opinions by those who have fished out of one or own one.

Russell, does your wife know about this??? roflmao
Posted By: Russell Olds

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/30/16 09:12 PM

No she doesn't Tom. I am liking what I am hearing so far. Billy at Sartin Marine has been awesome and appears to want to make me happy to get me into a Legend. Its looking better and better.
Posted By: Dean Coleman

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/30/16 09:31 PM

Originally Posted By: 921 Phoenix
Originally Posted By: Petrucci

I have to agree with you on the boat, but I assume by your comment they didn't have the price on that boat in Houston, but that could go with any new brand boat in the 21' class LOL

Good point... grin They are all pretty expensive these days...but you saved 9 grand banana

Posted By: snickers

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/30/16 10:22 PM

Holy Moly. 9 grand off. I would jump all over that
Posted By: rowlettfisherman

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/30/16 11:10 PM

That's like 10 of my boats!
Posted By: David Rush

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/31/16 01:39 AM

Just posted my 211 for less than half that. I'll be getting a v20. There's really no other brand that interests me much. Looked at a Phoenix... To each his own.
Posted By: TBT

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/31/16 03:20 AM

I am selling my V-20 and it is loaded. I love it. Buying a new V-21.

PM if interested.
Posted By: Beast From The East

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/31/16 03:35 AM

Posted By: Mercurial

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/31/16 03:36 AM

I recently bought a new v20, love it...previously in a champion 198. I don't get around to posting often on here, but I had to to say this- Randy Qualls the Owner and founder of Legend is a class act and puts a lot of pride in all aspects of the business. I found a blemish in the gel coat that the factory somehow missed, and wanted a few other things on the boat rearranged . Randy himself drove out, picked up the boat from my garage, took it back to his shop and had it back to me in less than 48h!!!!
Posted By: ShallowWaterKing

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/31/16 03:45 AM

I mean for 70+ grand I better be gettin two 12s thrown in with that deal....and poles..ridiculous!!! A lot of nice trucks aren't even that high!
Posted By: Beast From The East

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/31/16 03:58 AM

Posted By: Mercurial

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/31/16 04:01 AM

Newsflash - boats cost more than trucks. Pretty sure the owner of ford, Chevy, dodge or Toyota won't be coming over to pick your new truck up from your garage to service it either.
Posted By: bus driver

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/31/16 09:23 AM

Originally Posted By: TBT

PM if interested.

TBT's boats are low time, garage kept, in showroom shape!! Just ordered my third Legend (V21), Sartin's Marine will keep you on the water. Randy Qualls (Legend Boats) will go above and beyond to take care of his boat owners. Manufacturers customer service is second to none.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/31/16 12:03 PM

Heard nothing but good about Legend and its service after the sale.....I may have to look this way on my next purchase. Won't be for a few years, though. Good Luck!
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/31/16 12:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Russell Olds
No she doesn't Tom. I am liking what I am hearing so far. Billy at Sartin Marine has been awesome and appears to want to make me happy to get me into a Legend. Its looking better and better.

Billy is a great guy. Bought three boats from him and will do it again!

Randy Qualls is a class act. He stands behind his product 110%. I have heard countless stories of him personally getting involved to address an issue with a boat. How many times have you heard of the president of the company working with clients to resolve an issue??

Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/31/16 12:20 PM

Originally Posted By: bus driver

PM if interested.

Manufacturers customer service is second to none.

I have heard mix reviews on Customer Service. Two of my buddies have owned them. One guy JVON bought them when they first came on the market and he would bleed Legend blood. Other buddy had issues with customer service and sold his boat.
Posted By: Accutrigger33

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/31/16 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By: RedRanger

PM if interested.

I have heard mix reviews on Customer Service. Two of my buddies have owned them. One guy JVON bought them when they first came on the market and he would bleed Legend blood. Other buddy had issues with customer service and sold his boat.

Your other buddies experience must have come from a dealer, there is no such thing as bad customer service from Randy and his gang...awesome people there in Arkansas
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/31/16 02:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Accutrigger33
Originally Posted By: RedRanger

PM if interested.

Your other buddies experience must have come from a dealer, there is no such thing as bad customer service from Randy and his gang...awesome people there in Arkansas

No it came from their customer service department

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/31/16 06:48 PM

I've never had any problems with Legend customer service
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 03/31/16 08:55 PM

Like any company,RR. They've had some issues with customer service but for the most part it's pretty solid.
Posted By: jimritcholds481

Re: Opinions on a new Legend V21 - 04/01/16 05:38 PM

we have a legend alpha 211 and absolutely love it. fast and no chine walking when on plane, and you stay dry and comfortable in rough water. Pretty stable when fishing on front and back, the v20 and v21 look awesome, if they ride anything like the alpha you're going to love it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum