Texas Fishing Forum

sam rayburn,need some help!!!!

Posted By: corey R

sam rayburn,need some help!!!! - 03/29/16 08:52 PM

Hey guys need some help! This is my fisrt trip to rayburn and trying to find a place to stay on the north end of lake?? Any suggestions will help! Thanks
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: sam rayburn,need some help!!!! - 03/29/16 08:56 PM

Stay in lufkin then take 103 down to that end of lake you can then head south little ways to castle boykins if you want or across bridge to jackson hill
Posted By: Walls

Re: sam rayburn,need some help!!!! - 03/29/16 08:57 PM

Lakeview Rv & Motel. Not fancy, but everything you need and right across from the entrance to Cassels. 936-897-2102
Posted By: KingwoodCat

Originally Posted By: corey R
Hey guys need some help! This is my fisrt trip to rayburn and trying to find a place to stay on the north end of lake?? Any suggestions will help! Thanks

There are some cabins at Jackson Hill Marina, but most of the motels in the area are dumps. I think Jeff Buchanan must have sold the backlash lodge, so that is probably out. There is also Jane's Shady Acres, which I believe rents out mobile homes/travel trailers. I know the folks that own the Blueberry Patch in Zavala are building a few cabins for rental, but not sure if they have any complete.
Posted By: WillieKetchum

Lakeview Motel. It's right across from the turnoff on Hwy 147 to go to Cassels Boykin Ramp. Good clean room and they have a short order grill there at the store. 936-897-2102

Stay away from the cabins at Jackson Hill...you'll thank me later when someone you know makes the mistake of staying there.
Posted By: corey R

Re: sam rayburn,need some help!!!! - 03/29/16 09:02 PM

Thanks guy!hows the fishing been!
Posted By: musiclife_7

Re: sam rayburn,need some help!!!! - 03/29/16 09:13 PM

Lakeview is awesome. $45 a night I think.

COuntry Inn in Broaddus is solid as well.

Cassells is a nice ramp and jackson hill isn't bad either.
Posted By: Bigron119

Re: sam rayburn,need some help!!!! - 03/29/16 09:13 PM

Originally Posted By: WillieKetchum
Lakeview Motel. It's right across from the turnoff on Hwy 147 to go to Cassels Boykin Ramp. Good clean room and they have a short order grill there at the store. 936-897-2102

Stay away from the cabins at Jackson Hill...you'll thank me later when someone you know makes the mistake of staying there.

thumb
Posted By: Bigron119

Re: sam rayburn,need some help!!!! - 03/29/16 09:14 PM

Originally Posted By: corey R
Thanks guy!hows the fishing been!

Did we just get "Baited and Switched?" roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum