Texas Fishing Forum

Lodging at Conchas Lake,NM

Posted By: skeeter61

Lodging at Conchas Lake,NM - 03/29/16 03:38 AM

Is there lodging located at the lake or do you have to drive back to Tucumcari. Thanks, also any tips on bass fishing at the lake appreciated.
Posted By: Creekhead

Re: Lodging at Conchas Lake,NM - 03/29/16 04:03 AM

I don't think there is any lodging close by. I will say get some night crawlers and put them on a grub. 1/4 jig head and chart or yellow grub . thread about 1 inch of crawler on the hook you will catch all species I have caught 200+ fish in a day doing that in spring time on conchas
Posted By: TxPanhandle

Re: Lodging at Conchas Lake,NM - 03/29/16 11:45 AM

There are some duplexes up by the dam for rent 575 868 3351 and the marina use to rent mobile homes. Go to conchas Webb site for infor.
Posted By: Panhandle

Re: Lodging at Conchas Lake,NM - 03/29/16 11:55 AM

Stay away from any trailers North Dock rents out. They are really really bad. And I'm pretty easy to please. Are you fishing the NM Federation out there?
Posted By: skeeter61

Re: Lodging at Conchas Lake,NM - 03/29/16 10:22 PM

Thanks for helful information. No I'm not fishing tournaments, just looking for a place to try since so many of our lakes are low and hurt by algae. I fish Ute a lot but wanted to try something new. I haven't been to Conchas in 40 years but have been hearing some good smallmouth reports.
Posted By: Creekhead

Re: Lodging at Conchas Lake,NM - 03/31/16 02:18 AM

One other comment. If I were you I would call Kevin Smith, the owner of Smith RV & Marine, in Clovis New Mexico and ask him what the fish are doing. He is a great contact and is one of the most respected dealerships in the Southwest. Plus the guy can flat out fish. Here is the link to their website...

http://www.smithrvandmarine.com/
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum