Texas Fishing Forum

Off limits on Ray Roberts for Bass Champs

Posted By: slim 285

Off limits on Ray Roberts for Bass Champs - 03/27/16 07:53 PM

Will the whole marina be off limits or part of it?
Posted By: Hook'Em 79

Re: Off limits on Ray Roberts for Bass Champs - 03/27/16 08:37 PM

In past years it's been just part of it.
Posted By: ez_4_u00

Re: Off limits on Ray Roberts for Bass Champs - 03/27/16 08:37 PM

Usually just the docks, fish are stacked in there right now.
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: Off limits on Ray Roberts for Bass Champs - 03/27/16 11:00 PM

So how many boats will do a uturn after boat check?
Posted By: BrianFox

Re: Off limits on Ray Roberts for Bass Champs - 03/27/16 11:36 PM

I would say lots, I had an 6lber and a 4lber on a senko around the slips today. Fun day today
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: Off limits on Ray Roberts for Bass Champs - 03/28/16 12:14 AM

better bring your "A" game next Saturday, gonna take about 35 lbs to win. big fish in the shallows all around the lake. good luck to all
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Off limits on Ray Roberts for Bass Champs - 03/28/16 01:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225
better bring your "A" game next Saturday, gonna take about 35 lbs to win. big fish in the shallows all around the lake. good luck to all

Or not!
Posted By: JoshJones1984

Re: Off limits on Ray Roberts for Bass Champs - 03/28/16 02:33 AM

Disregard. Answered my own question.

Well, that's a bummer. 300+ entries beating the lake up I wanted to fish on my staycation =(

I'll have to plan better next year.
Posted By: COHLMEYER

Re: Off limits on Ray Roberts for Bass Champs - 03/28/16 02:36 AM

They should draw well over 300 for this tourney.
Typical turnout is 250+
Posted By: Brad Dunn

Re: Off limits on Ray Roberts for Bass Champs - 03/28/16 02:36 AM

There will be over 200
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: Off limits on Ray Roberts for Bass Champs - 03/28/16 02:42 AM

It wouldn't surprise me to see over 300.
I would be surprised to see it take 35# to win though!
I'm thinking more like 28.

Re: Off limits on Ray Roberts for Bass Champs - 03/28/16 02:58 AM

Friday the water temp was 56-59 and I was in areas I have found spawning fish over the years and did not see one fish on a bed. I fished from 9-5:30 and did not catch that many and nothing big. Not saying someone won't catch them but that water is still pretty cold and really muddy. Two fronts coming this week and Saturday will be post front blue bird.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Off limits on Ray Roberts for Bass Champs - 03/28/16 03:24 AM

^bang
Posted By: 97Stratos

Re: Off limits on Ray Roberts for Bass Champs - 03/28/16 03:54 AM

When is the tournament?
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Off limits on Ray Roberts for Bass Champs - 03/28/16 12:32 PM

Is there a Waffle House in Sanger noidea food peep
Posted By: Bass Champs Staff

Re: Off limits on Ray Roberts for Bass Champs - 03/28/16 01:12 PM

Here is a map of the off-limits area.

http://www.basschamps.com/web/rayrobertsofflimits.pdf

$20,000 Cash is Guaranteed for 1st Place regardless of the number of entries.

Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Off limits on Ray Roberts for Bass Champs - 03/28/16 01:55 PM

Pre fished Saturday and decided I need to sell all my fishing stuff because I suck! I hate springtime fishing!
Posted By: fish4bass

Re: Off limits on Ray Roberts for Bass Champs - 03/28/16 02:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Bass Buster1
Friday the water temp was 56-59 and I was in areas I have found spawning fish over the years and did not see one fish on a bed. I fished from 9-5:30 and did not catch that many and nothing big. Not saying someone won't catch them but that water is still pretty cold and really muddy. Two fronts coming this week and Saturday will be post front blue bird.

Yep... good luck to those who fish it.
Posted By: 04champ

Re: Off limits on Ray Roberts for Bass Champs - 03/28/16 03:31 PM

I caught them all weekend in less than 4ft in 58-61 degree water

Re: Off limits on Ray Roberts for Bass Champs - 03/28/16 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: 04champ

I caught them all weekend in less than 4ft in 58-61 degree water

It was 58 by 4 in the afternoon and as far back as you could get a boat I found 60. Fish I caught were in shallow water as well but I did not find big females. I think April full moon will have them on the move, this lake is at least a month later than everywhere else every year. All I am saying is 35lbs...come on lets be real. There are big fish here but with no grass and flooding and all that good stuff it is just not the lake everyone thinks it is. Now someone go catch a 35lb. sack and shut me up, I would love to see it!
Posted By: Delvec

Re: Off limits on Ray Roberts for Bass Champs - 03/28/16 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: SkeeterRonnie
Pre fished Saturday and decided I need to sell all my fishing stuff because I suck! I hate springtime fishing!

What do you got for sale, Basscat? clap
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Off limits on Ray Roberts for Bass Champs - 03/28/16 04:46 PM

I can't think of a tournament in a long time when the playing field will be so level. Anybody at anytime can get the right stretch of 50 yard bank and catch a 20 pound plus bag. The fish are scattered and its going to be an interesting grind it out lots of pressure tournament. Looking forward to it. I think you will see 7 20-22 pound bags. One big back and it will probably take 16 to get a check. Thats my prediction but who knows.
Posted By: JoshMan734

Re: Off limits on Ray Roberts for Bass Champs - 03/28/16 04:55 PM

I don't think a crazy monster bag will be brought in but it was take upper 20's and a ton of ppl will have 18-21lbs! 21 may not even get a check
Posted By: 04champ

Re: Off limits on Ray Roberts for Bass Champs - 03/28/16 04:56 PM

there could be 100 15lb bags brought in
Posted By: musiclife_7

Re: Off limits on Ray Roberts for Bass Champs - 03/28/16 05:31 PM

fished this past friday and saturday. Friday was terrible. Saturday we had 20lbs in the boat and lost a 5 and 9-ish at the boat (no net in the boat LOL)....I think 25-27lbs will win it. The fish are staging so they will be fat and healthy. Find the right stretch of water and it can happen. I don't think 35lbs is doable...just my opinion.

Re: Off limits on Ray Roberts for Bass Champs - 03/28/16 06:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Josh Fulton
I don't think a crazy monster bag will be brought in but it was take upper 20's and a ton of ppl will have 18-21lbs! 21 may not even get a check

Not sure if this has ever happened on ray roberts.... and its obvious it is not fishing like it normally does. Biggest bag i think we have seen in the past 5 years is 32 pounds. Ill stand with my prediction.

Re: Off limits on Ray Roberts for Bass Champs - 03/28/16 06:30 PM

Reintroduce hydrilla and reinstate 18"MLL to alleviate some of the pressure and then we will have 35lb sacks!
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Off limits on Ray Roberts for Bass Champs - 03/28/16 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Barrett

Not sure if this has ever happened on ray roberts.... and its obvious it is not fishing like it normally does. Biggest bag i think we have seen in the past 5 years is 32 pounds. Ill stand with my prediction.
33.01 to be exact, if that's what you are referring to for champs out there. I agree with your predictions aswell.
Posted By: JeffLStevens

Re: Off limits on Ray Roberts for Bass Champs - 03/28/16 07:57 PM

Can't wait to get out there Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of this week and see how many I can catch!

Re: Off limits on Ray Roberts for Bass Champs - 03/28/16 08:06 PM

Originally Posted By: B.Hollingshead
Originally Posted By: Barrett

33.01 to be exact, if that's what you are referring to for champs out there. I agree with your predictions aswell. I

I figured I was close! If it takes 21 to get a check Im finding another hobby.
Posted By: Steve Schmidt Former RC Guide

Re: Off limits on Ray Roberts for Bass Champs - 03/28/16 08:31 PM

The lake is up, Buck Creek ramp is still closed. The fishing pier at the state park in underwater, the jetty at the marina all you can see is little bit off the top. They are releasing a BUNCH OF WATER. Saturday should be a fun day....
Posted By: Delvec

Re: Off limits on Ray Roberts for Bass Champs - 03/28/16 08:33 PM

My guess is 12.50, gets you a check.
Posted By: steve Mbass

Re: Off limits on Ray Roberts for Bass Champs - 03/28/16 10:28 PM

Fish the wind mill and you will have a 35lb sack!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum