Texas Fishing Forum

What would you do??

Posted By: CB2011

What would you do?? - 03/27/16 03:31 PM

Let's say for instance you were fishing a tournament and according to the flyer with the tournament info the hours state 7:15am-4pm. You fish almost until the last minute and your partner is on the dock at 3:57 and you're disqualified because tournament director calls you late and weigh in has concluded. Mind you, you have enough weight in the live well to win plus big bass. Tournament director says fishing is supposed to stop at 3:30 but this is after the fact and it's nowhere in the rules or hours of the tournament. So basically you miss out on $500 or so plus the $60 for big bass. Just looking for some other people's opinions because this exact same thing happened to 2 of my good friends yesterday
Posted By: Ban-D

Re: What would you do?? - 03/27/16 03:35 PM

Depends if the tournament director said that you had to be in line by a certain time.Most of the time there is a cut off time to be in line with your fish.I also wouldn't have left with out that explanation.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: What would you do?? - 03/27/16 03:39 PM

Ask to be showed in the rules where it starts that. If it is there they'll be able to show you
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: What would you do?? - 03/27/16 03:39 PM

For five hundred dollars I would walk away and not come back, I would be upset but it's not worth your sanity.
Posted By: CB2011

Re: What would you do?? - 03/27/16 03:46 PM

Keep in mind. 2 teams were disqualified for the same thing and were at the dock before 4pm
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: What would you do?? - 03/27/16 03:50 PM

THAT is why I talk to the T director before hand, to get ALL o the rules understood. IF you talked to him, you would have known what all the rules were an could abide by them. If you still had the flyer, you could ask him where it said that, but as mentioned above, $560 is not big enough to worry about, IMO. You could try to protest the flyer w/o full divulgence, but you are trying to get that overturned, probably by the guy that wrote it. Lesson learned. Wish I could help more. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains
Posted By: wetduck

Re: What would you do?? - 03/27/16 03:58 PM

Hit him in the throat and burn his boat. Lol. Ask to see the written rules before I said anything else.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: What would you do?? - 03/27/16 04:04 PM

Originally Posted By: CB2011
Let's say for instance you were fishing a tournament and according to the flyer with the tournament info the hours state 7:15am-4pm. You fish almost until the last minute and your partner is on the dock at 3:57 and you're disqualified because tournament director calls you late and weigh in has concluded. Mind you, you have enough weight in the live well to win plus big bass. Tournament director says fishing is supposed to stop at 3:30 but this is after the fact and it's nowhere in the rules or hours of the tournament. So basically you miss out on $500 or so plus the $60 for big bass. Just looking for some other people's opinions because this exact same thing happened to 2 of my good friends yesterday

If it says it ends at 4:00 then that is when you need to be at the dock and stop fishing at 4:00.

IF they wanted you at weigh in at 3:30 then 3:30 would be the ending time.
Posted By: GROD

Re: What would you do?? - 03/27/16 04:18 PM

Okay I'll ask... Which tournament trail or working mans tournament was it?
Posted By: catchemk

Re: What would you do?? - 03/27/16 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Thad Rains
THAT is why I talk to the T director before hand, to get ALL o the rules understood. IF you talked to him, you would have known what all the rules were an could abide by them. If you still had the flyer, you could ask him where it said that, but as mentioned above, $560 is not big enough to worry about, IMO. You could try to protest the flyer w/o full divulgence, but you are trying to get that overturned, probably by the guy that wrote it. Lesson learned. Wish I could help more. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains

This don't always work. I had a simple question at the Bass Cat owners tournament and was completely ignored. I asked 3 times and was told to go read the rules. I was shocked to be told this by who said it. At first I really thought he was jacking with me. Not that it matters to them, but I will not be looking at Cats again in a year or 2
When I start getting the itch to buy a new boat..
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: What would you do?? - 03/27/16 05:39 PM

Don't go back,..lesson learned. fish
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: What would you do?? - 03/27/16 06:12 PM

Was he DQ'd for fishing late, or not making the weigh in. Beeing on the dock at 3 min till, and having your fish bagged and in line are 2 different things. Our rules state be in line at time X. Some rules say last cast. If you have enough to win, and you wait till the last 3 minutes, you are gambling your winnings. Lesson learned and move on.
Posted By: Rube G.

Re: What would you do?? - 03/27/16 07:25 PM

Think that there may be more to this story!
Posted By: Shingles

Re: What would you do?? - 03/27/16 10:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Rube G.
Think that there may be more to this story!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum