Texas Fishing Forum

Joe Pool Water Temp

Posted By: Hittmanfish

Joe Pool Water Temp - 03/24/16 10:17 PM

Headed out to Joe Pool tomorrow morning and I'm wondering what water temps you have been seeing out there? Is the creek south of Loyd Park too muddy to fish due to the rain?
Posted By: Ban-D

Re: Joe Pool Water Temp - 03/24/16 11:03 PM

It was 60* water temp Sunday morning and chocolate milk colored.
Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Re: Joe Pool Water Temp - 03/25/16 01:13 AM

61 last night.
Posted By: Bill Durham

Re: Joe Pool Water Temp - 03/25/16 04:32 AM

Depends on where you are.. Loyd Park Creek.. or whatever its called. was 59 today.. pretty muddy in the creek. I caught some bucks along the left hand bank headed out of the creek on a rattle bait. Down by the dam is a lot clearer.. temp was 60 up shallow. I didn't catch anything down there.. threw the Xcalibur XR50 in gold black back, shakey head with a Grande Bass 4.75" snake.. black blue.. Albino fluke dipped in chartruese, square bill.. sort of a fire tiger pattern.. the only thing I got bit on was the rattle bait. Good Luck.
Posted By: tpalmer1989

Re: Joe Pool Water Temp - 03/25/16 05:13 AM

Saw a 62 by the dam as I left this afternoon see you in the morning

Re: Joe Pool Water Temp - 03/25/16 10:43 PM

Thanks for the tips guys. My buddy got his first boat today and we took it out this morning. Got a late start since we were trying to get a feel for the boat. We tried fishing the timber across from Loyd Park with white/white chartreuse chatterbaits, red/orange rattle traps and square bills, and jig every now and then. No luck. Then we tried Loyd Park Creek, but it was like chocolate milk back on there. Then we tried hitting a few points off of the Grand Peninsula. My buddy caught one and I got skunked... But it was a beautiful day and we got to try out the new fishing rig! One guy at the ramp told us he and his partner caught 17 flipping brush hogs up in 2 ft of water. Hope this helps... Can't wait to get back out there to redeem myself.
Posted By: redmojo

Re: Joe Pool Water Temp - 03/25/16 11:19 PM

Thanks
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Joe Pool Water Temp - 03/26/16 12:25 AM

Look for the yellow white street signs on the bank and fish around those areas.almost everyone is by some awesome local holes
Posted By: wlgorman

Re: Joe Pool Water Temp - 03/26/16 01:13 AM

We were out there today too. Fish that lake pretty often after work (GPFD). Caught a few. PM sent.
Posted By: tpalmer1989

Re: Joe Pool Water Temp - 04/05/16 07:17 AM

wlgorman you fish off that jet boat yall have out there roflmao
Posted By: wlgorman

Re: Joe Pool Water Temp - 04/05/16 01:35 PM

Nope, we have a RIB now too. Im in my little camo alum 16' CC, w/ jolly rogers on the side and console. Say hi if you see me!
Posted By: Fishingking

Re: Joe Pool Water Temp - 04/05/16 03:05 PM

Been catching everything on a Watermelon Red Fluke dipped tail. Using either a CR or pinched weight. Points, Points oh did I say Points.

Re: Joe Pool Water Temp - 04/05/16 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishingking
Been catching everything on a Watermelon Red Fluke dipped tail. Using either a CR or pinched weight. Points, Points oh did I say Points.

What depth were you seeing them at?
Posted By: Fishingking

Re: Joe Pool Water Temp - 04/05/16 04:42 PM

7 ft

Re: Joe Pool Water Temp - 04/05/16 08:01 PM

Good info, thanks!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum