Texas Fishing Forum

Five fingers

Posted By: Skeeter1995

Five fingers - 03/23/16 04:10 PM

Think about going to five fingers Friday I will have someone from out of town with me that wants to catch a few fish has anyone been around that area or should I go somewhere else on Rayburn anything would help thanks
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Five fingers - 03/23/16 04:24 PM

Post front, so it might be slow. With the north wind I would bet on a LOT of boats being in there. Should be able to catch a few though
Posted By: kacoach

Re: Five fingers - 03/23/16 04:31 PM

I always catch fish in 5 Fingers, but haven't been able to get on the water since the water came up. Also heard some nice fish have been caught in Harvey, Veach, and Farmers.

Re: Five fingers - 03/23/16 04:41 PM

Thanks if the wind isn't to bad I might have to give veach a try also
Posted By: RBO

Re: Five fingers - 03/23/16 04:52 PM

Fished 5 fingers and Norris all day Sunday. Steady bite in and around flooded bushes in 5-10 feet.

Flipping a Big Bite Swimming Mama and Fighting Frog. Watermelon or black/blue shades. 3/4 oz weight. In the nastiest, grassy, bushes you can find.

Partner fished around, not in, the same stuff with Flukes and Senkos. Watermelon/red Magic. Caught them as well.
Posted By: Texascajun69

Re: Five fingers - 03/23/16 07:48 PM

As of today the water level is still 6 ft. over pool stage. If you can get behind the buck brush and fish the base of the bigger trees. I used the Rage Tail Craw in the Okeechobee bug color (grn. pumpkin w/ blue flack) last weekend and caught a lot of 2-3 lbers. but no big fish. The fish moved up with the rise in the lake. We also caught fish on spinner baits and swim jigs in the same areas.

Re: Five fingers - 03/23/16 07:51 PM

Thanks I'll I've always done well in Jackson hill but I bet it's muddy in there right now with all the rain and wind we've been having I thought clearer water would be better
Posted By: Texascajun69

Re: Five fingers - 03/23/16 08:06 PM

I fished the Upper end of the lake for 3 days last weekend ago. It was very muddy, but clean water could be found in some of the dead end coves.
Posted By: Troutnout

Re: Five fingers - 03/23/16 08:24 PM

Fished in Colemans Sunday and caught a pile. Best 5 went 24 with a 8lb kicker. Water was not terrible. Was in the high line cove flipping black/blue 3/4 oz slither rigs. Hardly a boat in site.... Try it out... Good luck...

Re: Five fingers - 03/24/16 11:35 PM

Thanks everyone I will try all those places
Posted By: Lucky Al

Re: Five fingers - 03/25/16 01:34 AM

What lake are you talking about?
Posted By: champ 198

Re: Five fingers - 03/25/16 03:48 AM

Lucky Al, the lake would be Sam Rayburn.
Posted By: popparon

Re: Five fingers - 03/25/16 11:56 AM

Man that is a lot of good info
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Five fingers - 03/25/16 12:17 PM

RIP Highline Cove...
Posted By: WillieKetchum

Re: Five fingers - 03/25/16 12:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
RIP Highline Cove...

Awww come on...you really think anyone from here will take the easy way out and try to catch someone else's fish?

On that same note, I can count on one hand the times I've driven by that point by Peckerwood/Mudd that was on Honeyhole and not seen a boat sitting on it. Another one of our super secret spots that was given up. Now it's highline cove. I guess it'll be Norris next. frown
Posted By: champ 198

Re: Five fingers - 03/25/16 01:15 PM

HEY Jaret maybe next time I come to Broaddus, we could go fishing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum