Texas Fishing Forum

Fork in the wind today!

Posted By: Mark Perry

Fork in the wind today! - 03/23/16 01:26 AM

Only had about an hour and a half late this evening but went ahead and launched. Stayed midlake and the bite was a bit better than expected. Had about 5 or so. They all came on bushes along mainlake points in 2-3'. Flipped a creature bait in blue fleck. Bite was kinda light but then again the wind was howling so maybe I just did not feel them as good...... roflmao.
Had a couple of unders and 2 slots with the biggest around 4lbs. Water temps were lower than expected and were 59-61 mostly in the area I was in. Water color not bad at all with decent visibility.
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: Fork in the wind today! - 03/23/16 01:29 AM

I hate the forkin wind.

Re: Fork in the wind today! - 03/23/16 01:32 AM

Originally Posted By: lakeforkfisherman
I hate the forkin wind.

I would rather have some wind than no wind any day though. cheers
Posted By: Fork-LegendV21

Re: Fork in the wind today! - 03/23/16 01:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Originally Posted By: lakeforkfisherman
I hate the forkin wind.

I would rather have some wind than no wind any day though. cheers

Yes sir
Posted By: Dr JL

Re: Fork in the wind today! - 03/23/16 01:39 AM

Thanks for the update/report. Yeah a little wind is a good thing a lot of times.

Re: Fork in the wind today! - 03/23/16 02:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Dr JL
Thanks for the update/report. Yeah a little wind is a good thing a lot of times.

Glad to help. I noticed more than a couple of people in smaller boats as I went over the bridges and then when on the water. With wind like this I know they are limited in where they can run. While I did not catch big numbers or size I at least wanted to share a bit in case someone could use the info. I figured i would give a little confidence to them and show that while the wind may may be blowing hard that they can still get bit in these areas.
Posted By: champ 198

Re: Fork in the wind today! - 03/23/16 02:39 AM

You caught more than i did in three days this last weekend.On the famous lake fork.I suck.

Re: Fork in the wind today! - 03/23/16 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By: champ 198
You caught more than i did in three days this last weekend.On the famous lake fork.I suck.

It happens to us all. Hang in there and you will get them next trip. Fork humbles everyone at some point. NO ONE always catches them everytime out here. You are in good company. cheers
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Fork in the wind today! - 03/23/16 03:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry

It happens to us all. Hang in there and you will get them next trip. Fork humbles everyone at some point. NO ONE always catches them everytime out here. You are in good company. cheers

Absolutely..
The wind has been brutal, best bite for us has been Mann's minus -1 and Bandit Footloose crank baits in orange's/brown's, and gold blk back.. Those baits will come through some nasty stuff-fun too when you see the bite, they go right over the beds and get slammed... cheers

Re: Fork in the wind today! - 03/23/16 03:37 AM

That wind sunday, made think some of those people, need rough water boat driving lessons.
Posted By: CJ.Skeeter

Re: Fork in the wind today! - 03/23/16 04:05 AM

I don't always fish in the wind, but when I do, it's in a skeeter. But seriously, this wind is brutal.
Posted By: JoshJones1984

Re: Fork in the wind today! - 03/23/16 04:27 AM

That wind sunday, made think some of those people, need rough water boat driving lessons.

sign me up! I've got very little boating experience overall, but best I can tell you just take it slow and try to run on the leeward(?) bank?

Re: Fork in the wind today! - 03/23/16 09:52 AM

Josh Jones that is a very good plan.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Re: Fork in the wind today! - 03/23/16 12:10 PM

The bite the last couple of windy days has been late in the day for us. I have started later on the cold mornings to fish later in the day just so we could get that evening bite.

Had 6-7 fish after 5 pm yesterday. We cancelled today because of the wind so a much needed day off to do some things I need to get done around here.

May fly a kite this afternoon. LOL
Posted By: 361V

Re: Fork in the wind today! - 03/23/16 12:22 PM

It was surprising how fast the water temps dropped w/a couple cold nights.
Posted By: dragonsdaddy

Re: Fork in the wind today! - 03/23/16 12:39 PM

tuesday's wind would never have been recognized by fishermen anywhere as "some". several gusts had to 40+.
Posted By: HARD WORKN HAROLD

Re: Fork in the wind today! - 03/23/16 01:07 PM

Caught three off the dock about 5:30, on chit rig, chartruese pumpkin lizard. banana
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Fork in the wind today! - 03/23/16 01:10 PM

It's stupid windy this morning.......
Posted By: InTheClear

Re: Fork in the wind today! - 03/23/16 02:59 PM

I'll take the Fork wind over Amistad or Falcon wind anyday!
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Fork in the wind today! - 03/23/16 05:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell
The bite the last couple of windy days has been late in the day for us. I have started later on the cold mornings to fish later in the day just so we could get that evening bite.

Had 6-7 fish after 5 pm yesterday. We cancelled today because of the wind so a much needed day off to do some things I need to get done around here.

May fly a kite this afternoon. LOL

Reminds me of Sunday...loaded up and went to Palestine, looked at all the white caps, drove around the lake, decided to head over to Academy and bought three kites for my sister's grandkids. roflmao
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Fork in the wind today! - 03/23/16 07:06 PM

Yes, some wind is good but not 30mph+
Posted By: mwbmod74

Re: Fork in the wind today! - 03/24/16 03:37 AM

OK,,,,yall forgive me for my ignorance, but all I hear is "the wind is your friend",,,,,, I have been fishing a long time and do pretty good a lot of times (im by far no pro), and I have never not once said to myself 'boy if it wasn't for the wind today we wouldn't have caught any". Someone please explain to me just how the wind (which I despise) helps in fishing? Thanks for any and all comments...
Posted By: Jigfish

Re: Fork in the wind today! - 03/24/16 10:38 AM

It breaks up the water surface and back ground of the sky, blows baitfish on banks, retaining walls...ect. In the summer time it feels real good smile
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Fork in the wind today! - 03/24/16 12:11 PM

Good for you Mark. Can't believe many folks made it out there in yesterday's wind.
Posted By: Dirtbike Fisher

Re: Fork in the wind today! - 03/24/16 11:39 PM

Hey Mark,I sent you a pm
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum