Texas Fishing Forum

First Big order

Posted By: jaredfree

First Big order - 03/22/16 01:22 PM

I'm ordering my first pretty big order of jigs and swim jigs my home lake is Ray Roberts and I'll mostly be fishing there. I'm already set on using Santone Lures but I'm overwhelmed with all the colors they offer. Do I just stick with greens browns and black/blue?
Posted By: B-rader

Re: First Big order - 03/22/16 01:31 PM

I would order a couple jigs of different sizes and order alot of skirts , it's cheaper that way and you can play around with colors.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: First Big order - 03/22/16 01:46 PM

I recommend getting a few River Bream color.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: First Big order - 03/22/16 01:51 PM

Welcome to the forum welcome.. I'm not a big jig fisherman, but there are lots of guys on here that can help ...Good luck.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: First Big order - 03/22/16 02:29 PM

Welcome. Done pretty well throwing white/chartreuse spinner baits on Roberts, so I'd get some white jigs also (would have a tough time choosing between their threadfin/gizzard/and acid perch patterns).
Posted By: jaredfree

Re: First Big order - 03/22/16 03:34 PM

Thank y'all this is going to help a ton on my decision
Posted By: timwins31

Re: First Big order - 03/22/16 09:33 PM

There's an old saying - lures catch fish, colors catch fishermen.

I use white, black/blue, natural craw(orange-ish brown), natural shad, and chart black back shad colors, and basically nothing else. They've been working for a good 30 years now. . .
Posted By: Kevin Bryant

Re: First Big order - 03/23/16 01:03 AM

You definitely want to keep it simple. Some of their most popular sellers (other than the standard black/blue and brown) are Mexican Heather, Black/Brown/Amber and JC's Spicy Craw. I've been fishing jigs for years, keeping it simple with colors has made a huge difference.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum