Texas Fishing Forum

lake alan henry lodging?

Posted By: STEVE B

lake alan henry lodging? - 03/21/16 02:41 PM

what options are available these days? not sure if i want to take a tent or try for something more. it will just be me and my son..
Posted By: RonL

Re: lake alan henry lodging? - 03/21/16 04:12 PM

Camper trailer is best with everything you think you will need . What camp site spots i have seen didn't have electricity or water , just a covered picnic table . Not much tree coverage either . Tent is ok but if it gets windy you'll be up higher than water level so tie it down good ! Only bathroom facilities i know of are in the parking lot by the parking lot of the boat ramp . Nice facilities but not sure they have showers or not . Nights are still cold and some days are cool so if you go now take blankets and jacket or coat in case it's needed . I didn't see much of a place to have a fire going at the campsites either so you may have to bring a small pit or some kind of portable fireplace . CHeck at the gate tho and make sure there is not a fire band going on . Hope this helps some .
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: lake alan henry lodging? - 03/21/16 04:37 PM

there are electrical outlets in the parking lot, mostly for charging boat batteries. Some campsites do have fire places, but again, check for burn ban for Garza County. There is also Lake Alan Henry Lodges, if you want. They have kitchenettes to prepare meals and outdoor BBQ grills. Cost a little more, but with the cool weather we are having, might make sense to do it that way. Here is a link to the lodges site:

http://www.lakealanhenry.com/lakealanhenrylodges.htm

Hope this helps. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains
Posted By: STEVE B

Re: lake alan henry lodging? - 03/21/16 08:09 PM

got a few weeks before i plan on going back. hopefully the weather will be good. last time we stayed overnight it was at the store near the entrance that had a couple cabins.. wasn't sure if anything was still around. its been several years since we went up there for more than the day . thanks for the input..
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: lake alan henry lodging? - 03/21/16 09:11 PM

I believe they still rent cabins at the store, but do not quote me on that. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains
Posted By: Crusier

Re: lake alan henry lodging? - 03/21/16 09:44 PM

just a ways up the road is the Wagon Wheel ranch - stayed their many times. They have an RV park, and lodging. You can look it up on the web under Wagon Wheel Ranch Snyder texas. What I like about it is that it is far enought off the road that no one will ever mess with your stuff.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum