Texas Fishing Forum

Fork spawners

Posted By: Boat flip

Fork spawners - 03/21/16 02:08 PM

Anyone seen any signs of spawning going on at fork?
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Fork spawners - 03/21/16 02:17 PM

For about a month, now.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Fork spawners - 03/21/16 02:25 PM

Yes since the end of February..
Posted By: Boat flip

Re: Fork spawners - 03/21/16 03:15 PM

Where are they? Far up north?
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: Fork spawners - 03/21/16 03:19 PM

They are all over the lake.

Re: Fork spawners - 03/21/16 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Danny L. Weems
They are all over the lake.
Posted By: str1249

Re: Fork spawners - 03/21/16 09:26 PM

You really think you're going to get the truth?
Posted By: buda13

Re: Fork spawners - 03/21/16 09:37 PM

Originally Posted By: str1249

Everyone thats posted is telling the truth. We had a wave move up overnight between March 5th and 6th and were bed fishing mid lake Sunday March 6th. I know they moved up overnight because we fished the same water the day before and saw empty beds. The fish were light colored, paired up, and EASY to catch. Also I read a guide report on here last week from a pretty good guide on Fork thats been doing nothing but sight fishing.
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Fork spawners - 03/21/16 10:00 PM

Saw a few on beds yesterday at mega bass, im sure there were tons more you couldnt see due to water clarity
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Fork spawners - 03/21/16 10:15 PM

They are there. I only fished two coves 2 weekends ago and a few on beds. And some crappie, which is what I was after!
Posted By: timwins31

Re: Fork spawners - 03/21/16 10:26 PM

Yea nobody is being sarcastic. I caught a fish off of a bed on Feb. 24th out there. First one I had seen this season. They've been on the beds for weeks now.

Re: Fork spawners - 03/21/16 10:26 PM

This will be the second consecutive year that Fork has an outstanding spawn. High, stained to heavily stained water in new growth will yield higher than normal recruitment of offspring. Lord willing, and if the creek don't rise(or fall) too much, Ol' Mother Fork will be in great shape for the future! thumb

Re: Fork spawners - 03/21/16 10:39 PM

Do you make a habit of calling folks out? The fish are and have been spawning all over the lake for a month.

My guess is, with the moon and warming trend over the next two days, ahead of a front, the sight fishing on Lake Fork is about to be stupid. You can't see them everywhere. Sit down and slowly fan cast likely areas if the water's not clear enough to look at them.

You may do better than the guys fishing the clear water.

Wouldn't be one bit surprised to see a couple 13+ and a 15 caught at Fork in the next 48-72 hours. Good luck to those of u fishing. I've got to work bang
Posted By: HARD WORKN HAROLD

Re: Fork spawners - 03/21/16 11:35 PM

w roflmao hy cant we all just get along?
Posted By: skins84

Re: Fork spawners - 03/22/16 01:13 AM

Because it's the TFF and some feel the need to always say something smart mouthed.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Fork spawners - 03/22/16 12:38 PM

Originally Posted By: skins84
Because it's the TFF and some feel the need to always say something smartl mouthed.

Never fails to amaze me..I'm seeing fish just off our seawall. I placed a lot of rock and gravel there to stop erosion, the big girls like it. grin
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Zach Hughes

Re: Fork spawners - 03/22/16 01:57 PM

Like stated above Fork has spawning fish from Glade all the way around to Birch. Seeing them is a different story. What really is playing a key to sight fishing right now is the wind. Get to a protected area from the wind in the afternoon and you will see some beds bud. With the dirty water, pollen, and wind it's making some places very tough to see. My advice is keep moving til you see the kind of water you are looking for.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum