Texas Fishing Forum

Media update

Posted By: redmojo

Media update - 03/20/16 12:18 AM

Media update from Fork?
Posted By: redmojo

Re: Media update - 03/20/16 12:21 AM

How many teams fished it? Weight for last in the money?
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: Media update - 03/20/16 02:53 PM

63 teams. 7#+ won. We got 2nd with 6.59#. 4#+ got the last check. Fishing got tough after the clouds cleared and bluebird sky set in. We had most of our fish before it hit.
Posted By: Kidde

Re: Media update - 03/20/16 03:41 PM

Jesus, what has happened to the fishing there? Congrats on the 2nd place check, Steve.
Posted By: Clark3

Re: Media update - 03/20/16 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Kidde
Jesus, what has happened to the fishing there? Congrats on the 2nd place check, Steve.

Well with the slot limit you're not going to see big bags at fork.....even with 1 over its not a heigh weight tournamnet lake imo
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: Media update - 03/20/16 04:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Kidde

Thanks.

Read my reply on where are the slot fish gone on Fork. Loss of habitat over the last years with the drought. Look at the last two years of quality Unders being caught. There just aren't the numbers. Survival rate of fry has been dismal. Last year's spawn was the best in years.
Posted By: Kidde

Re: Media update - 03/20/16 05:10 PM

Oh I realize it's a slot like. I finished hundreds of tournaments out there in won plenty of them. Even for a slut like, 7 pounds should never win it. Hell, we had a 12.92 sack of unders not that long ago.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum